Breaking your own rules!

Auslander

Visit site
A new horse arrived yesterday (from the other yard on the same property, so no quarantine), and today I started as I meant to go on - I'm all about slow, careful introductions over the fence. He went out next to my problem child, who is lovely, but a bit lacking in social skills - and they decided within seconds that they were going to be the best friends ever!
After watching them charging up and down, playing bitey face, and grooming each other - I crumbled, and opened up the fence. Within seconds, they were sharing a net of haylage (problem child doesn't share food!), and generally acting like they'd been friends for years. SO lovely!
128651573_10160172461565730_123288838432691360_n.jpg

Flicker

Visit site
A new horse arrived yesterday (from the other yard on the same property, so no quarantine), and today I started as I meant to go on - I'm all about slow, careful introductions over the fence. He went out next to my problem child, who is lovely, but a bit lacking in social skills - and they decided within seconds that they were going to be the best friends ever!
After watching them charging up and down, playing bitey face, and grooming each other - I crumbled, and opened up the fence. Within seconds, they were sharing a net of haylage (problem child doesn't share food!), and generally acting like they'd been friends for years. SO lovely!
View attachment 60057

Love the chestnut’s side eye ?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
This reminds me of when sister and I bought a Welsh cob xTB to live with our Appaloosa mare, at livery. They spent the night in adjoining boxes and I put them out at either side of a fence, both with grass available. I made sure that they were both settled and then went to collect my mum to walk all the dogs (sister was working that day). We walked into the wood opposite the livery yard and stood watching the 'pink pair' standing at side by side with the fence between them. We finished our walk and I went straight back to the yard and put them out together instead. They remained best friends for the next 20 yrs.