Breastplate/girth search

LibbyL

Visit site
Hello everyone!

Trying to think laterally for a pony we cant get reins/martingale/breastplate over his head because he came to us with a fear of ears being touched.

He is a polo pony so it's a pain to be unbuckling 2 sets of reins, breastplate and martingale as well as having to undo his headpiece, especially in a rush, so I am looking to see if there is a magical product to make life easier.

So does anybody have any ideas on where I can find a breastgirth (must attach to saddle by the girth straps not d rings) that has a martingale attachment (in an ideal world a standing but can buy that seperately). Ideally not one that will break the bank either but open to ideas.

May be looking for the impossible but if anyone has any bright ideas please let me know! Thank you :)

be positive

Visit site
I sold exactly that recently, it had the look of a racing breastgirth, elastic round the front but had a center ring for a martingale and also attached to the girth between the legs, no idea what it was called as it came with a horse, not much help but it does exist.

LibbyL

Visit site
Thank you ! I have seen the racing ones but all bright colours annoyingly, will keep on the search, thank you.

EnduroRider

Visit site
Have you looked at endurance tack as nearly everything is on clips so that it canbe taken off quickly. Perhaps even just buy the clips to add to existing reins?
The lad in my avatar has a breatplate attached to the girth straps (albeit fairly high on the straps in that photo) made by Pioneer (https://www.pioneerendurance.com/ ) and Zoe can make you absolutely anything you need. It is biothane rather than leather but black/brown matt biothane is fairly indistinguishable from leather at a distance!