Breastplate sizing?

crystalclear

Visit site
Hi all

Tried a shires cob sized five point breastplate on my 15hh TB x and it was too tight around the neck it fitted too high on chest. The full size was too big.

Been looking at the Jeffries cob/full breastplate. Can anyone offer any advice on the size of this especially compared to the above breastplate? Would the Jeffries poss fit?

Hopefully someone has one no local shops do so would have to order on line.

Thank you

DSCC

Visit site
I have also had problems getting breastplates to fit my horses. I bought a 'one size fits all' Townend one and it was always awful on my 15.2 and doesn't really fit the 17hh either. I also have a cob size (can't remember what kind) and I just can't get it to fit the 15.2, as above it is too tight round her neck and too high up underneath her neck so she can't be comfy stretching.

crystalclear

Visit site
Yes!! That is the exact problem with mine. It either fits perfect everywhere but it's too tight on her chest or then too big on chest and then everywhere else. Bought numerous second hand ones off eBay cob size you'd be amazed how many different 'cob' sizes there are! May try the Jeffries one but wondered if anyone had similar build horses to ours who has tried one?