Breastplate suggestions

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
Hello lovely people

Can anyone recommend me either 5 point or a normal style breastplate (with martingale) that will fit a 12.2 pony, No1 son has one on his Christmas list & I'm really struggling to find any that are small pony sized.

Thanks!

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Sorry, I know it's a bit late! :p

That's difficult! I find that you can rarely find a 'normal' (13.2 - 14.2hh) pony sized breastplate, let alone a really small pony one.

12.2hh is really tiny for a breastplate, could you not just get him a running martingale? Does he actually need one, or just want one, as normally a 5 point is used for when you're doing seriously fast & strenuous work (i.e. hunting, regular eventing etc).

I have a Cob sized Shires 3 point (regular) breastplate for my everyday riding, that fits my 13.3hh fine & fairly narrow NF, and use a Pony size Equidor 5 Point Breastplate for hunting & eventing. Both fit her fine, but would probably be far too small for a 12.2hh, unless it's a bit chunky.

Windsor breastplates seem to be a little on the small side, maybe try one of them?

Good luck, I hope find him one, and that you both have a happy Christmas! :)

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
Thanks both, of course he doesn't 'need' one ���� but we managed to get a normal pony one to fit with the help of a hole punch! He's thrilled with it