Breeches! For the love of god why is it so difficult!

scopeybay98

Visit site
So. Breeches. They continue to stress me out 24/7/365. I just want a pair of mildly stretchy, mid/high-waisted, knee patch breeches that haven’t got those massive silicone patches on them or aren’t covered in gems or designs or aren’t made of that weird stretchy sports material. I just want some simple woven breeches. Why are all the breeches these days super fancy! I buy multiple pairs a month trying to find a pair that work but end up returning them all. Could someone please recommend some breeches that aren’t too pricy but are made of that stretchy almost canvas-like material rather than the super-thick pony-club jodhpurs or the super hi-tech silicone patch, stretchy legging-material ones. Many thanks.

Roxylola

Visit site
Pikeur and cavallo do that sort of thing, more often suede seat than just a knee but there are some

Cragrat

Visit site
John Whitaker. I can't remember the name, but I have 2 pairs. Slightly stretchy in all direction, canvas feel,definitely not see through :) Knee patches of the same material, not gel. No gel/diamante//billboard advertising - just a small 1.5cm square logo on the front pocket and on the rear.

(i sound like an advert! !)

chaps89

Visit site
Third vote for MT gisbourne :)
I also have a pair of Caldenes that meet your requirements, they’re a few years old now and were end of line when I bought them but maybe worth having a look see

Skib

sites.google.com
My new Pikeur, though the same name as my old ones, arrived with gummy patches on them. They are smaller too.
Makes one tear one's hair.

Pippity

Visit site
John Whitaker. I can't remember the name, but I have 2 pairs. Slightly stretchy in all direction, canvas feel,definitely not see through :) Knee patches of the same material, not gel. No gel/diamante//billboard advertising - just a small 1.5cm square logo on the front pocket and on the rear.

(i sound like an advert! !)

Seconding John Whittaker. I have quite a few pairs, usually picked up on sale for around £15.

Gift Horse

Visit site
I bought some Musto essential breeches because they were recommended on here. I got them in the sale and I’m delighted with them - no bling, no sticky pattern. Quite thick but they are a matte, canvas-type fabric.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I bought some Musto essential breeches because they were recommended on here. I got them in the sale and I’m delighted with them - no bling, no sticky pattern. Quite thick but they are a matte, canvas-type fabric.
I got some of those too but they are an odd shape on me as they almost have wings, v baggy on the upper thighs and loose down the lower legs. Sizing doesnt compare to any of my other breeches which are all UK 30 and fit pretty well (different makes)