Breeches for the short and curvy

FunkyFilly28

Visit site
Hi all, I've been on the lookout for some breeches as have always previously worn jodhpurs and am just finding them all far too long for my little legs! I'm 5ft 4'' and a 12/14 so any recommendations would be great! Preferably not too expensive, but happy to pay for some flattering ones that aren't miles long!

Deltaflyer

Visit site
I'm 5ft and curvy so have given up on adults jodhpurs completely. I am between size 10 & 12 and so far the ones I find best fit me are Mark Todd breeches. I got some of the new Coolmax ones in grey and they are very flattering and extremely comfy, plus the have lovely sticky grippy stuff for knee patches. I'm planning to get some in white for competing and if they do them in black I'd love a black pair too. I have other Mark Todd breeches and I love them all.

Cowpony

Visit site
I'm 5ft and have a pair of Rugged which stop nicely at my ankle. They are more expensive (£60) but are very comfortable and wear well.

cobalobM

Visit site
Im the same size/height as you! I have the standard hkm breeches (cost about £25- have velcro at the bottom) and they fit fab. also just brought the horze spirit paige breeches which are lush! got them off ebay in the sale for 20 quid, they fit me perfectly (go up a size tho! the size 14 is 30", when normally a size 12 is 30")

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I'm 5'4 and find that usually Harry Hall and Caldene will usually fit without being ridiculously long in the leg.

Have three pairs of the "Just Togs" pull-on ones, in navy, brown, and grey, and they're fine. Look good and are not too long in the leg. The only thing I dislike about them is the "Just Togs" logo down the leg!!! Don't see why I should advertise their brand everywhere I go, but apart from that I love 'em. These are casual jods tho' and wouldn't be right for competing in.

OP you may find that breeches rather than jods are better as breeches don't come down the leg so far, or if they do, you don't have an uncomfy/unsightly bulge around your ankle area. Have a pair of Mark Todd summerweight breeches and they're just right.