Breed Characteristics of your Horse

Salcey

Visit site
Summer - American Paint x cob(poss suffolk punch) has a typical paint view of life, laid back, a people horse, kind and steady, but can be v stubborn if she wishes (she IS a chesnut mare) after all.

Toyboy - Welsh Sec C totally chilled, can be cheeky, loves to jump, always tries hard whatever it is - the most honest sort of pony.

Both are sensitive and extremely loveable

Mollymay - part bred american paint x cob x arab, to young to say much only shes inherited her mothers stubborness for sure (also a chesnut mare God help us)
grin.gif

Baileysno1

Visit site
Ryu is WB he is super laid back to ride yet on the ground he is a monster, he is particular suspicious of people with blonde hair (I'm burnette thank god) He is obbsessed with his belly and has a addiction promblem - haylege and herbal treats.

Someone told me WBs are stupid but I think they're wrong they just play dumb sometimes as a form of manipulation.

equibabe20

Visit site
RJ is an arab x welsh (need i say more) he only likes cuddles when it suits him, he argues about everything! he loves going fast he has so much stamina he can keep going for ever! Very food orientated is in your pockets all the time! real p**s taker if he thinks he can get away with it he will, oh and very clever. So all in all not a good combo! Someone once described him a a sports car, fast, good handling but a bugger if it goes wrong
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Grey_Arab

Visit site
I have to disagree with gala's theory!!!!!!!! I have a 17 year old arab gelding and he is definately still dark eyed, game for a laugh and cheeky!!!
Very brave, never spooky *touches wood quickly* does have very sensetive skin though so have to be careful.
Will go beatifully and will turn himself inside out for jumping, he really loves it.
wink.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif
smile.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
Ive got an ISH type, I would say he is shy around anybody that he doesnt know, but with those he does he is very inquisitive and loving.
MY IDxTB mare is soo cheeky and has her nose into everything, but very polite in the stable
My ID is rude and bad mannered.

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
Springy is TB x ID x Welsh D

She can be very thoroughbreddy at times, spooking and snorting and generally being daft. She is also very athletic and graceful with lovely paces.

She can be very bolshy and cheeky like a welsh D and is particularly opinionated about life!

She has the build and personality of an ID and can buck and jump like the best of them! She is soft and sweet and very genuine like an ID too. I would say both physically and personality wise she is most like an irish draught.

Ferdinase514

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My Irish TB has a temper on him but is easy to check and gets very excited but not in a dangerous way, he's very quick to learn and relatively intelligent with bundles of character....I'd say he's pretty typical of his breeding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finni is very similar. Also, Will pull faces and nip you on the ground but really look after you when ridden

Leah3horses

Visit site
Good question...My Appaloosa x Clydesdale is so calm she is totally bombproof..she is willing in the school but can be a bit lazy on hacks but think this goes with her calm nature.She is a funny girl with a great sense of humour which my late Clydesdale mare also had.
My 3/4 Appaloosa is bright as a button and also very funny,he is so entertaining with his daft ways.Very loving and a total mummys' boy.
My Dales is independent,spirited and wise and likes to boss the others around..they just humour her...she loves being groomed and made to look pretty. Aren't horses fantastic??!!

JessPickle

Visit site
I have a clydie x

he is a true BFG wouldnt hurt a fly. Can be slightly stubborn at times. Learns fairly fast. He is very gentle though and a softie he loves hugs.

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The Irish Draught Horse is quiet, sensible, alert and willing.

Add to that STUBBORN, versatile and LIVES FOR FOOD and you have Pride in one
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Springy is definitely most like her ID bits then!
grin.gif

peapod

Visit site
Loupride did I tell you we've got an ID now!? (my memory is appalling, I don't know whether we'd got her when I was speaking to you about the breed?!)

Anyway - I would definitely agree with those characteristics. I have also found Abbie is spectacularly dim at times, and her worst vice is LEANING - you try and walk her in from the field and she LEANS on you the whole way - I end up walking sideways with both hands on her neck to stop her LOL!

Twiglet

Visit site
I have a Trakehner cross TB......he's very highly strung, very fast and forward going, and not a very good doer, and looks like a TB.

But he's also incredibly intelligent (escape artist doesn't begin to describe him, he could have taught Houdini a thing or two), very affectionate, and loves to work, which I think are the Trakehner traits in him.

SillyMare

Visit site
Two TBs:

Lexi - intelligent, tends to think too much. Pig headed at times, very strong opinions about everything. Very sharp but not spooky at all. Extremely bold and fearless.

Merry - not very bright (bless him) but absolutely lovely in every way. Game to give anything a try and as bold as anything. Not particularly sharp or spooky.

I suppose the common thread is bravery and boldness (but not IQ).

Pasha

Visit site
My Arab can be a complete grumpy old git around the stable, he stamps his feet, yawns at me and give's me nips if he thinks i'm taking too long and he's bored... on the other hand, he is a complete gentleman when being lead along or ridden, he never pulls or fights and always trys his hardest to please me, bless him!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Ive got 2 PB arabs who are both rather aloof but like a bit of love on the quiet, extremely bold, always try their hardest to please and are very intelligent.

I have a connemara who in her hey day was a fantastic jumper ( would have a go at anything you pointed her at!!) , she is fairly strong willed but will always try her hardest for you and very rarely shows a stubborn streak!!

My conn x tb is a bit of a dreamer and is rather nervy and sharp at times, having said this he never says no and i can say that in 3 years i have never had an arguement with him whilst schooling or jumping, he always tries to please, & hates being wrong.

My irish cob is loveable, very cheeky and a little on the lazy side, he doesn't see the point in schooling and would far rather be in his stable being fed copious amounts of hay!!

and finally my trakehner... i think she is very intelligent once you get to know her, she is very dreamy and sloppy and always aims to please!!
grin.gif

amandaco2

Visit site
Tuppy is conny x.shes really perfect to handle, never puts a foot wrong.she could jump well and has nice paces (shes in her late 40s now!)she was a relly good doer, perfect feet.the oly thing was she could be strong to ride and she was definately a whizzy pony but totally safe!

shantih is ISH.shes pretty docile i the field unless something sets her off then shes like a full on maniac!shes really bold, not a spooky horse at all, great in traffic hacking out.shes very sharp to ride and if she gets hotted up she can be really het up-ie rearing and broncing.shes very forward going, but she tries hard with a gentle rider.she can be naughty to handle from the ground on occassion.in the field 9/10 shes a donkey-grazes all day!gets on fine with other horses.used to have chipped feet in summer but now shes barefoot her feet are much better.good competition horse once she gets over the excitment of it all lol

Beyonce-WB filly.shes typical really.very lovely mind-acts like shes 12 years old not 8months.excellent to handle, hardly ever puts a foot wrong.very trainable-picked up on thigs quickly.nice feet, lovely movement full of suspension.loves people!

L

lilym

welsh sec c..........a proper little madam, is pretty and she knows it, constanly pushes her luck, but is a nice little person and as bright as a button.
cob type, belived to be welsh cob x ........sharp as a razor and can give a tb a run for it's money in the spooking stakes!