Breeders Scotland

Lajc91

Visit site
Can anyone recommend breeders in Scotland or North England?

Not a lot to spend so realistically looking for someone along the lines of Tom Dunbar (who has nothing for me)

Looking for something 2yo+ and must be big or to make a decent height over 15 hands.
Happy to everything myself, but no TBs or super fine. would love traditional cob, Highland cross etc

recommendations are welcomed!

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Linda Stronach outside Falkirk (Blair’s Farm) sometimes has Welsh d youngsters for sale. Janine Mason Blairgowrie breeds Barock Pinto s and Friesian but those youngsters will cost much more than Tom Dunbar stock.

sarahann1

Visit site
Stop supporting bin end sellers.

Friends of mine have bought from him. What you see is what you get, if you’ve a good eye, you could pick up a cracker for a good price. I had been planning on a trip down to him, but a youngster came up closer to home.

stangs

Visit site
Friends of mine have bought from him. What you see is what you get, if you’ve a good eye, you could pick up a cracker for a good price. I had been planning on a trip down to him, but a youngster came up closer to home.
Are all the horses he sells homebred or does he pick them up from sales?

NR88

Visit site
Are all the horses he sells homebred or does he pick them up from sales?

Sales mainly

The handling of them and "advice" given leaves a lot to be desired. He told one, shouldn't have a horse, buyer to tie the unhandled horse up in the stable to gentle it. The horse couldn't access food or water so funnily enough the terrified horse "calmed down". Unsurprisingly they were put off the yard for treating a horse in that way but that meant yet another move (chased on and off transport) for the poor horse.

There is always a chance of a diamond in the rough but supporting sellers like this keeps the cycle of breeding these poor horses going. The "bargain" that some people find with dealers like this is at the expense of many other horses.

windand rain

Visit site
Highland horse at or near kingussie have highland cross youngsters Don't know what at the minute but would be worth a try Rhuraidh Ormiston