breeding info wanted

lucy1123

Visit site
hey

i have recently purchased a mare (nalucienne) from holland, and was trying to find out some more about her breeding

her sire is exellent-w, all i have found out so far is that he is a dressage stallion

her dam- galucianne all i have is a family tree for her

and her grandsire i have found out a bit more about, his name is AKTION and he is a bronze medal holder at the european dressage championships and his offspring are knowen for there rideability (definalely a trait found in my horse)

if anyone has any information. particulry on exellent-w, it would be much appreciated

sarah xxx

CalliChristmasTree

Visit site
sorry i don't have a clue!
blush.gif

aliacc

Visit site

Abgar is our mares grandsire so I have done some research and have a file.......he and Pion are famous enough to find by web searches ..try horsemagazine.com/breeding barn and follow links to "greatest stallions of the world" for Abgar. pics too.

Abgar's offspring excell in dressage and jumping..and lots were so good they were kept entire. He was a TB ...

also try stalroelofs.nl a stud with Abgar descendents although i couldn't get that to work when I just tried.

Ali

lucy1123

Visit site
thanks everyone!

well bannanaman we just picked her up last thursday, and shes meant to have done a lot of eventing and a bit of showjumping in holland up to 1.10 level, we are planning on showjumping, and possibly joining the riding club and mabey doing some eventing and most definately working hunter

were taking her to rowallan tonight too see what shes like ata show

xxx

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
Your sire was born in 1986. He was black and stood around 1.66m. He jumped up to 1.20m and also competed up to Z Level dressage.

In 1999 however he was put on the KWPN "Watch List". This means that the stallions are perhaps not producing the youngstock that is preferred by the KWPN, or do not necessarily make the grade. I see it was his three and four year old horses that they were looking at.

The sire of Excellent-W is "Sultan", also the sire of the showjumper "Its Otto" who was ridden by Geoff Billington. Excellent-W also goes back to the KWPN foundation sire of Abgar, who was stationed at Stal Roelofs in Holland.

The mare "Galucianne" is a "Keur" mare and comes from the Mare Line 69. Her sire Aktion was a GP dressage stallion. This line also goes back to the stallion "Farn" who was the father of the great "Nimmerdor".

Your mareline is excellent. "Galucianne" was "Keur", "Aluciene" was "Keur Pref Prest" (this is the highest award any mare can get from the KWPN). "Tiluciene" and "Niluciene" are also "Keur Pref Prest" mares (these are the great grand mothers).

Several KWPN Approved stallions have come from this lineage. There are also a couple of national and international showjumpers that decend from this lineage also.

Hope this helps.

lucy1123

Visit site
ah thankyou so much anistacia! thats exactly the things i was hoping to find out!

also...i see your scottish:D many other scots on this board? im from biggar/peebles area

xxxxxxxxx

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
Hi there,

Glad to be of assistance. I live North of Aberdeen, we have a studfarm and breed warmbloods, so I tend to be a bit of an anorak when it comes to bloodlines
grin.gif
. You can find details about us on www.morayfirthstud.co.uk

Funnily enough I was down on holiday to your region at the end of last week. Absolutely beautiful area. We were staying in Moffat, went to Biggar to see family and to Peebles to look around the shops.

lucy1123

Visit site
ahh brilliant!

dunno if youve heard that down here we have a lot of strangles going about:-(

were having to travel an hour and a half to go to an evening show instead of 20 mins to the usual jumps...really annoying!

xxxxxxxxxxx