breeding my mare

DawnR

www.youtube.com
looking for a suitable stallion to put my mare to, might I add the foal is for me to keep. Shes bred before for the Billy stud and is a proven broodmare, her youngsters are out doing Novice/intermediate BE and BS.
Meadow stud is close to me and wondered if any of their stallions would go well with her, I would like a foal to eventually compete myself. Or should I go back to the Billy stud?
This is her breeding lines http://www.angloeuropeanstudbook.co.uk/database/00.006661

The photo is when I got her.

Last edited:

TheMule

Visit site
What did they put her to? They're one of the top breeders in the country so I'd respect their opinion :)

popsdosh

Visit site
What did they put her to? They're one of the top breeders in the country so I'd respect their opinion :)
It all depends what you wish to breed and what discipline you are aiming at and what level? obviously the BS did not think she was doing a job for them anymore having sold her so is there a question mark somewhere.

Spring Feather

Visit site
It all depends what you wish to breed and what discipline you are aiming at and what level? obviously the BS did not think she was doing a job for them anymore having sold her so is there a question mark somewhere.

She's 14 years old now so I wonder if they are culling her from their programme as she's a bit older now?

How long have you owned her OP? And was she sold open or did she have a foal last year?

DawnR

www.youtube.com
I have owned her a year, she hadn't had a foal that year when I got her. I would like something to do all sorts, BS and BE. I quite liked cornetto king from meadow stud, what are people's thoughts on this stallion?
I have spoke with Donal barnwell and he didn't say anything about having problems with her I think they got rid of a lot of breeding mares that year as saw a few for sale.