Breeding Peeve

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
Rant Warning....

It really gets on my goat, when you see a stallion advertised as a particular breed when infact the only true blood of that breed it has, is the parents of a stallion 3 generations back in the pedigree..... Grrrrrr!

Rant Over....

springfallstud

sfs-stud.com
Yes or the fact they advertise it the stallion as the "breed ie Oldenburg" but it hasnt been graded or approved and people end up with cover notes from some 2 bit stud book!!! No a few people been stung that way

springfallstud

sfs-stud.com
Oh dear please excuse above spelling, too late to edit it
smile.gif

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
Well I have to say that we have our guy as being a Registered KWPN stallion (which he is) but he is a Licensed Breeding Stallion with the SSH (by KWPN judges), so its the SSH you get your paperwork from, although you can get Registration B papers through the KWPN for his stock.

Everyone who uses him knows the Studbooks he is eligible for.

But I do know of stallions who have advertised just as you have said above.......

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
Thats fine, your stallion is KWPN, and I would expect to read KWPN - SSH Approved (or similar) like with my stallion he has BWP papers and he is graded SHB(GB) and I advertise him as 16.2 BWP - SHB(GB) Life Graded, my other stallion (his dad) was Westfalian papered, graded BWP and SHB(GB) he was advertised as 16.2 Westf - BWP Approved and SHB(GB) Elite. Clear and acurate and NOT misleading.
Its been bugging me for days someone mentioned this stallion (repeatedly) and the other day they said what about this 'breed' stallion, yet I know full well that the breed they have been told it is isn't its breed at all, the only true registered horse from the breed they been told it is is the parents of a stallion 3 generations back... It is one of the reasons I have a problem with the stud concerned because I have seen them advertise this stallion as a 'this breed' x yet it isn't! It makes me want to have a little paddy, stamp my feet and scream!
blush.gif

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
Well you just go ahead and have your paddy, stamp your feet and scream........just make sure to get a video and put it on "you tube" for us all to see.........LOL
grin.gif
grin.gif

Know what you mean though and it p*****s me off terribly as well. Especially when you know.

It is like those stallions that are graded with the SSH who have the lowest grade of Listed, but they put in they are a "graded SSH stallion" or say they are "Registered", "Licensed" or "Approved"..................to the unsuspecting mare owner this is not fair!!

Think i will join you in your wee paddy.....................
grin.gif
grin.gif

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
Glad i'm not the only one that gets riled by this......
grin.gif
grin.gif

I think we'll have to have a met up of all the people that are riled by this and we can compare the stallions we are talking about and all have group paddy about it, we'll make sure we have video available it could be quite a funny sight.......
grin.gif
wink.gif

Damien

Visit site
I agree we always advertise our stallion as being KWPN registered which he is and SSH Registered, BSPA Approved and PZVB Approved and SF Cheval De Selle.

However it gets a lot worse when I see many German stallions as being licensed as many do not undertsand that a license is only temporary until they have completed their performance tests, many of which that come to the UK never go back to complete them so never go back to be approved.

However my thoughts on approval are very erm hum shall we say not really the b all and end all......... even at the top level within the studbooks and even moreso within the UK.