Breeds you admire ...

{97702}

Visit site
I’ll be honest my flatcoats are my ideal dog but in my dotage I may revert to CKCS (must be black anc tan 😂)
If I had to choose another breed I would look at
Welsh springer spaniel
Portuguese Water Dog
Logatto romaganolo
Now the obligatory flatcoat photo
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=349245322362304&set=a.126644311289074&type=3&sfns=mo

I think I probably posted at the time, but I adore black and tan cavaliers - thankfully my mum has converted to the 'dark side' (wholecolours) after years and years of particolours :) This thread has made me reflect on whether it really is time now that I got an EBT (my other secret 'want') :)

54522048_10157898650614587_5284736157106569216_n(1).jpg

JJS

Visit site
If I could go out and choose a puppy right now, it would be another Staffy. I ended up with mine entirely by chance, but I’ve never known a more loving, well-behaved, or charming little dog. She’s also ridiculously easy to look after: perfect size, doesn’t drop hair, still strong, healthy, and going on long walks aged 14... If I could clone her I would!

If we’re talking breeds I haven’t owned but admire from afar, then Irish Setters, Wolfhounds, Border Collies and German Pointers would all make the list.

yhanni

Visit site
Would love a Slovakian Wirehaired Pointer but haven't got the energy anymore. Got a 6 month old 'multi' mastiff and he is so easy, apart from a bit of slobber, that I can't imagine having anything that is harder work!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Great Danes, they are such an amazing looking dog. The few that I’ve met in reality have all been gorgeous in temperament and personality also.
I imagine they take up a lot of money and space though!

Moobli

Visit site
Me too! One day I will have a toller.

I’ve always wanted a nice small working cocker but have been cautious due to their mentalness - luckily for me at some point this year I’m rehoming an adult working cocker from a working home, she is just a bit too lazy & low drive so she is coming to me to be a pet/hobby beating dog.

When my old lab goes I think I will get another Manchester terrier pup

Sounds ideal! Look forward to the photos when she arrives.

Moobli

Visit site

Moobli

Visit site
Lots of beautiful dogs here! Does anyone have/ want a sheltie? I am tempted to get on of those too but the idea of their coat maintenance puts me off :eek:

I feel like that about rough collies or ever having another longhaired German shepherd. Just too.much.hair!

CavaloBranco

Visit site
Mini wire dachshunds...loyal, cute, very bright, affectionate and feisty. Mine has been a joy for 15 years and still going strong. I love her like no other dog I've ever had. OH insists on a large dog as well though!

I quite like the look of cockapoos but I'd never pay those prices for a mongrel!! Surely there's no knowing what you would end up with after a few crosses?

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
with a cockapoo, you get a crossbreed from 2 lively breeds which needs stimulation and correct training which seems to be lacking in the ones i see, you also get either a shedding or non shedding dog as they can be different even in the same litter, they also need care with their coat as can get matted very easily if ignored. although some of them have a nice temperament, many that i see seem to be a bit hysterical and owners wont let them off lead or interact with other dogs so they are then dog reactive as well.......i wish first time dog owners (who seem to go for these crosses) would get a more suitable dog for their 20 min walk on the lead, or better still get a hamster or rabbit!!!

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Every kind of dog!!

No seriously I think I end up wanting a dog from every group.

Rough collie for me though, the large american type.

Stiff Knees

Visit site
Irish Wolfhound - life expectancy is too short, my heart needs longer to accept it will be broken into tiny pieces when they leave you :(

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Chocolate Labs - do ALL Labs smell? Don't think I've ever met one that didn't.

Golden Retriever - too much hair.

I think my next dog will be another Staffy or a Dachshund.
Mine don’t smell. One smells of dust and diesel (he’s out on the farm all day!) but other than that they don’t smell.