Brewers Yeast.

Louby

Visit site
I bought this a few months ago after reading about success with it as a calmer. Well my horse is feeling good ... too good. I started feeding it about 2 weeks ago and whether its a coincidence but hes definately on top note and feels very well. Ok it could be the weather or the grass but hgas anyone else found its had the opposite effect?

CBAnglo

Visit site
It is supposed to act as a calmer, help with sweet itch, help the gut etc.

I tried it for 2 weeks. Both of mine became incredibly spooky on it (neither of them were for the 2 years before the BY experiment). Took them off it and back to normal within a week. It was not a coincidence for mine as I put one on it first to guage reaction then tried it on the other one a week later - they have the same feed, turnout, exercise etc so nothing else changed. It also did nothing for their sweet itch.

ruscara

Visit site
How odd! My horse is very much calmer on Brewers' Yeast - I put him on it because of the midges, and it was then I noticed how much calmer he is.
He became a nervous wreck when I had him on Top Spec Balancer, though, and I understand this isn't a usual reaction to that.
So I guess it means that not all horses are the same!
smile.gif