Brewers Yeast

JRT

Visit site
At the moment I am using Feedmark's EquiDermis which has been really good but very expensive. I have been reading a lot on hear about Brewers Yeast for sweet itch, where is the cheapest place to buy it? I have looked in my local tack/farm shop but can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

ruscara

Visit site
Have you asked your tack shop to order it for you? Several manufacturers of horse supplements make it, including Gold Label (http://www.goldlabeluk.com/product.asp?productID=181) so I should think they could get it for you.
I feed it, and I do believe it helps with midges. But I like the pro biotic effect on the gut, and also I swear it helps as a calmer especially when fed in conjunction with magnesium.

ThePony

Visit site
If you only want small amounts then I think natural horse supplies are fab. V helpful too. For larger amounts you just can't beat charnwoods. If you can split it between a couple of people at your yard, or if you have a couple of horses then it is heaps cheaper! Brand named boxes of it at tack shops is a v v expensive way of getting it.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I have been using it on our two for the last 3 months or so and definitely seen an improvement. Had a small amount (thanks again Maesfen) to try them on and am about to order a larger amount. It does need introducing gradually, when I first tried even a small amount in their foods they wouldn't touch it but they soon got used to it and now have a good tablespoonful each and polish it off without a second glance.

Fransurrey

Visit site
I second Charnwood Milling. Works out a fraction of the price of anywhere else. I'm still using it more than 8 months on and it still seems to be effective. During a recent lapse due to me forgetting to stock up my small tub from the sack, she reacted to something (not sweet itch), but two days back on it and she was fine, so it's still active. I've had it stored in a cool dry place (OH's garage).

Firehorse

Visit site
i've been using it for a few months now. mainly as my horse has a sensitive tum and any change in their grazing or introduction of winter haylage upsets him. it took a while to hve any effect but it does seem to help now. and i would also say it has worked as a calmer on him too!! i got mine from natural horse supplies, very cheap and quick delivery too!