Bricky report

Bossanova

Visit site
So it was Moon's 2nd intro yesterday, she'd had a better lead up this time but was a bit seasonal on friday and sat so I thought she may be a bit more stressy than normal. Actually left enough time to walk the course this time- good job too as there were 24 fences(!) and I doubt I'd have made it without walking it first!! General impression of the course was that it posed enough questions but there were kind alternatives in place and the course got harder as you went round which is great for babies as their confidence grows. Was a litle worried about the fact that there were 2 waters, both with a fence straight after them and the 2nd one's fence being really pretty large (well for an intro anyway!!) For those who walked it, we cleared it by about 2ft from a trot
smirk.gif

Anyway, dressage first. This really did spoil the event- barely enough flat ground in the warm-up to establish a circle and the arena was sited at the bottom of a hill, with horses going xc at the top so every minute we had a galloping horse to cope with and Moonie barely kept it together. I was so annoyed as her flatwork has come on so much and I really thought we were heading for a good test but as it was she just blew up and we got a 45
mad.gif

Oh well, onto the jumping!! The SJ was typically inviting for an intro, she warmed up absolutely super and just gave me an amazing feel in the ring- cleared everything by about 2 ft, was listening and focusing and seemed to really love it- so we got a clear round
smile.gif

Xc, again the warm-up was tricky for a baby but we coped. Out the start box fine, came round the corner to number one and we had a fence judge/spectator/weird pillar thing freak out, took attention off fence and stopped. How embarrassing!!
blush.gif

Needless to say, after that she just got better and better and really impressed me with how well she took to it, there were some things she hadnt seen before but she was ace, jumped the corner (only a tiddly one but a corner none-the-less!) straight in both waters and finished the rest clear
grin.gif

So once we are over first fenceitis, hopefully we can get it all coming together. I'm really thrilled with her, she now has Berkshire College on Tuesday, the quick sucession should help get her brain in gear I'm hoping

tigers_eye

Visit site
well done, hope she's having a rest in the field today! BCA is much better off for dr warm-up, although I don't think the xc is as educational!

Went to Malmo to watch the World Cup, will post full report with pics later today.

Best of luck for tomorrow.

lisaward

Visit site
go moon, she sounds like she went really well.
it was a shame about the dressage warmup ,but its all experience and she showed she can cope, even if she was a little excited.
i bet you're really proud of her.

Ginn

Visit site
Sounds like a good result for a second intro, the babyness will go soon enough and then you'll be flying! What a little star she is - let me know if your competing more this way as I'll try and get down to watch!

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
well done, hope she's having a rest in the field today! BCA is much better off for dr warm-up, although I don't think the xc is as educational!

Went to Malmo to watch the World Cup, will post full report with pics later today.

Best of luck for tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh you lucky thing!!
She's having a nice day in the field, running round like a wild thing in the mist though so dont think she's feeling the effects
smirk.gif

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Well done - Sorry I missed you but was always doing something ith mine as you were going. Did catch up with lec though.

The dressage and XC warm up was the worst I have come accross although the rest was great.

Good luck tomorrow.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Agree warm ups were totally unsuitable for my horse as he struggles in canter on flat ground let alone on a hill. Such a shame as XC is so educational. My dressage was awful felt like I was on a unexploded bomb due to having too much to watch. Well done Sj and I am sure XC will get better as she understands it more. I had an unlucky stop at water took the quick route he stopped then jumped into it from standstill (bit scary!). Really annoyed as it was a log drop into water which is not supposed to be in PN and you would have thought they would understand about green horses. Still really pleased as 5 months ago would not go near water.

Bossanova

Visit site
I heard the commentry as you went round- thought water was tough for both levels. Well done though, certainly not easy to have a good day there!!

Bossanova

Visit site
I almost saw you but dad refused to hold Moon who was mis-behaving!!
Well done, heard you were placed so you must have had a good day
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
YAY well done hunny - its so nice to read your reports again - and the excitement coming from them! naww Moony is being so good
smile.gif

Good luck at BCA - my friend I went to WEG with is doing her first Intro too
grin.gif

nelgonde

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I heard the commentry as you went round- thought water was tough for both levels. Well done though, certainly not easy to have a good day there!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Well done to you all. That dressage warm-up has always been like that. I'm surprised they haven't sorted something out by now.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Photographers sent through pictures in the post full blown ups and you had to be honest and either send them back or pay.

Fiona

Visit site
Echo Kat - well done for good result at non baby friendly venue. Can't believe you had a corner on an intro course - whatever next!
Good luck for tuesday (today??)
Fiona

wessexyeoman

Visit site
very glad to see you walked the course. you will appreciate how much effort goes into the design of the course at all levels to make sure you have an adequately challenging ride but above all one that is safe as far as is reasonably possible in what we know can be a very dangerous sport.

not to walk the course is not just utterly mad, and certainly not funny at all, it is in fact crass stupidity, but apart from the risk you add to your own safety and, more importantly to your horse (and how much are you prepared to gamble on the safety of your horse), you put at risk the spectators, the fence judges and the organiser - how? Suppose you had a really nasty accident through some idiotic scheme to see how far you could progress up through the levels without walking the course, just for the thrill of it, and you had a really nasty accident - that course will be investigated by a large number of agencies at collosal cost to the organiser - that course will have the stigma of your accident attached to it - that organiser will have sleepless nights worrying about whether it was their fault.......get the point?

May I recommend that if you or your mates ever find that for any reason you have not left enough time to walk the course, tell the organiser and they will probably do everything they can to ensure that you are given time or assistance to do so.

Let me assure you that they will also do everything in their power to make sure that if you have not walked the course, you do not ride the course.

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
very glad to see you walked the course. you will appreciate how much effort goes into the design of the course at all levels to make sure you have an adequately challenging ride but above all one that is safe as far as is reasonably possible in what we know can be a very dangerous sport.

not to walk the course is not just utterly mad, and certainly not funny at all, it is in fact crass stupidity, but apart from the risk you add to your own safety and, more importantly to your horse (and how much are you prepared to gamble on the safety of your horse), you put at risk the spectators, the fence judges and the organiser - how? Suppose you had a really nasty accident through some idiotic scheme to see how far you could progress up through the levels without walking the course, just for the thrill of it, and you had a really nasty accident - that course will be investigated by a large number of agencies at collosal cost to the organiser - that course will have the stigma of your accident attached to it - that organiser will have sleepless nights worrying about whether it was their fault.......get the point?

May I recommend that if you or your mates ever find that for any reason you have not left enough time to walk the course, tell the organiser and they will probably do everything they can to ensure that you are given time or assistance to do so.

Let me assure you that they will also do everything in their power to make sure that if you have not walked the course, you do not ride the course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me?!!!

And what right do you have to say this to me?! Thankyou very much but I have competed for several seasons at intermediate/2* level, i think I appreciate the value of walking the course.
FYI, not that its any of your business anyway, i didnt walk one intro track where my horse had been footsore until just before the event and i wasnt planning on running xc.

wessexyeoman

Visit site
Bossanova - your question was....."Excuse me?!!! And what right do you have to say this to me?! "

My answer, in your own words....."I hadnt bothered to walk the xc course, figured I could prob work it out on the way round"...and...."Didnt think I'd make it that far, plus it adds an extra, far more exciting element to the game"...and if you can't remember writing these, look at your own post "I'm Back"

over to you.

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Bossanova - your question was....."Excuse me?!!! And what right do you have to say this to me?! "

My answer, in your own words....."I hadnt bothered to walk the xc course, figured I could prob work it out on the way round"...and...."Didnt think I'd make it that far, plus it adds an extra, far more exciting element to the game"...and if you can't remember writing these, look at your own post "I'm Back"

over to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you acheiving by saying this? Does my business concern you what-so-ever?
I never denied I said this, have you not ever said something iuronic or humourous?

I really think that as you dont know me or my horse, you are in no position to comment on how I do things. I paid my money, end of story.

Weezy

Visit site
*shakes head*

Its absolutely wrong to say that Boss or indeed any other event rider on here would put themselves, their precious horses or spectators in danger - the TRUTH is if they got lost or confused they would bloody well PULL UP!

wessexyeoman

Visit site
not my business? you did it on my course and then had the nerve to blame the numbering! so yes, it's my business and it's the business of every organiser to be aware that some people think it's funny.

and wheezy - putting herself and others in danger is exactly what can happen when you take the wrong course and jump the wrong jump.

don't expect me to back down here - there's no way that's going to happen while a few people think that they can do what they like just because they've paid their money - that attitude is nearly as crass as not walking the course.