bridle- buckles on headpiece

Malibu

Visit site
I am wondering what people think of bridles with the buckles on headpiece, said to be more comfortble and less bulky for horse, anyone used a bridle with this system?

samsaccount

Visit site
I have used one of them, i found it was less bulky and made it easier to use on a number of different sized horses, I cannot comment about the comfort of it, the horses seemed fine it in so it caused no problems but I don't know if it was comfier than a standard bridle you will have to ask them :p

RunToEarth

Visit site
My exercise bridle is one with buckles instead of billet hooks. I think they are easier, perhaps more comfortable on the horse- I started using mine with oshk after his op when the billet hook would rub the scar. However I think for showing the billet hooks look better, just personal opinion- when I am competing my best bridle has billet hooks...

mitchellk

Visit site
Do you mean a buckle to adjust size on top of the headpiece?
We use these as work bridles and they fit all our horses, made by Stephens, about £40- not as flash as the kieffer tho
They can be easily adjusted by the rider once you are on so are brill if you have more than one horse and dpnt want loads of tack to clean! You do get less bulk along cheek pieces i would say

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Nothing new or unique about the Kieffer design, as far as I am aware that is the traditional way for a rolled bridle to be made! Cant comment on the comfort factor but one of mine has a rolled bridle that fastens that way and I dont have any problems.

mitchellk

Visit site
No it is plain but very good quality -mine has lasted years, but is purely for working at home so is nothing flash- come with head piece and brow band- you have to add nose band and reins- we had trigger clip fastenings put on where buckles on bit would norm go so bit can be changed easily!
Got it on-line will try and find website for you
k