Bridleways in Buckinghamshire near Burnham Beeches

Joeyjojo

Visit site
Hi all,

I am thinking of moving to this area and was hoping that someone might be able to help me research the hacking opportunities. I've been using the bing ordinance survey maps to research the bridleways and it looks like you can ride around Littleworth Common, but that doesn't look like it'd take too long. You can also ride around Burnham Beeches - but only on the tarmac which is a shame. Does anyone know of any other rides in the area?

Joeyjojo

Visit site
Thanks for the reply :) Do you know if there is anywhere in that area that is good? We're looking at anywhere that is within about a 15 mins drive of maidenhead or slough.

trendybraincell

Visit site
I'm in a totally different area of the world but having just moved to a newish area myself I've found www.bridlewaymap.com is an ace site :D for researching hacking...the downside is if there is nothing you'll be very sad after looking! Also it doesn't show Byways but its a good place to start :D

Billabongchick

Visit site
I used to keep mine in a yard next to Wexham Park Hospital in Stoke Poges/Slough. This was over 10 years ago so not sure now but we were able to hack on bridle ways over to Black Park and Langley Park which involved crossing a busy road but all the rest was on fenced off paths. Yard was called Boundary Farm I think and is next to cricket ground by the Red Lion pub. They also had nice wide tracks around all the fields for hacking on site if you wanted a quick 20mins

Joeyjojo

Visit site
Thank you everyone! I've been looking at the bridleways map regularly. I was just hoping there might be some magical hacking opportunities that I hadn't found! :D

Hexx

Visit site
There are quite a few - if you know where to look. Hacking from Snowball Farm is not too bad - you can get through to Long Hitcham and Short Hitcham which are two long bridleways that take you through Taplow/Burnham. There is the Sheep's field square - takes about 20 mins. Or you can go further up into the Beeches and ride round the woods by the Blackwood Arms. There is roadwork, but it's not too bad.

If you want hacking, then you are best Windsor way - try to get on a yard near the Park - then you will have acres of off road hacking. Chobham Common is good too - again, miles of off road hacking.

You can do the roads through the main Beeches - really good for bringing horses back into work that need loads of roadwork.

Langley Park and Black Park are OK - but you have to stick to the tracks, which can get busy in summer, plus you have to cross a very busy road to get from one to the other.

_Phoenix_

Visit site
Cookham Dean is quite nice which is just outside of Maidenhead (five min drive) Black Park used to be quite nice and the Red Lion used to do a fab Chinese. :)