Brief news on Forrest

BBs

Visit site
Blimey is there anything more those horses of yours can throw at you this year?

I am pleased to hear F has recovered from his latest colic attack but now this
frown.gif
oh hunny! hugs!!

I have no experience with wobblers so cannot comment - although I remember one of Ginny Elliots hunters had it.

I shall look out for further updates once you ahve had a chance of speaking to the vet fully. Fingers x something can be done.

Vx

Kelly1982

Visit site
Wobblers is a degenrative (sp) disease and 9/10 horse with it are PTS.

Horses with wobblers CAN NOT be ridden as they are too dangerous to ride. They can trip or fall at any time as they are too unco-ordinated. I have never heard of horses 'growing out' of wobblers. Some horses stay the same for years and others go down hill very quickly. I was warned by the vet that i may go down the yard one day and find my horse has fallen down and can not get back up and would have to be PTS there and then.

A low grade wobbler (they grade it from 1-5) can have an operation which has a 50% success rate and will only take a wobbler down one grade if successful. The operation costs around £5,000 alone, not including treatment, aftercare, stabling fees etc. The recovery period is also about 1 year.

When i thought my horse had it my insurance refused to pay out as it was my choice to put him through that when the vet was advising against it.

Dont mean to scare you but the lameness would be the least of my worries as the outcome for a wobblers horse is very bleak.

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
So sorry to hear about Forest, I dont think there is anything else your horses can chuck at you is there?
All the horses ive known with wobblers have been PTS, with one exception,
He was diagnosed at Venereal William's and got sold through Ascot. Dick Baimbridge brought him and he was hacking up in a maiden at Cottenham when going a shitter at the last. I knew he tried to bring him back from that, but couldnt get him to do anything apart from cantering disunited. I dont know what happened thereafter. I can say, after hearing what that horse used to do at VW's, that I would never entertain riding a wobbler.
p.s - Im not supposed to know all this, and I dont know if DB knows the previous diagnosis, so please keep schtum!

dingle12

Visit site
a good few years ago there was an eventer and i cant remember his name somebody on here will he was dun and a blacksmith evented him to advance. I know mary king had one of her youngsters put down due to wobblers, i think there is managable wobblers and cases where you need them pts. Can i ask what other problems has he had with jm7 saying let him go? how old is he?