Bringing a horse into work after a long period of lameness recovery - saddle options

Pinkvboots

Visit site
It’s been such an interesting one with her. Box rest, ok. Pen rest, Better. Field rest, fabulous. Start rehab walking, total world-ending drama. Start ridden work, back to business.

I guess this is what the vet meant when she said ‘don’t expect linear progress’.
They can be weird can't they I think alot of horses find initial in hand work exciting, mine do things on the lunge and in hand they don't necessarily do ridden.

Arabi is awful after a break of riding though he goes riding feral for at least a month then slowly settles 🤣🤣

WestCoast

Visit site
If you’re feeling affluent a reactorpanel with a sheepskin numnah. But it ain’t cheap. Although there’s someone on Facebook selling a dressage one with shortened girth straps after losing her boy that I can vouch for.

I never regretted spending several months over the winter doing walking hacks before doing more with my girl who we rehabbed. Up and down hills and across different terrains.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Just popping in to say that my horse is now officially vet declared sound! I’m so unbelievably relieved!

We now have the challenge of keeping her sound so we will up the work a bit but take it slowly, get some more foot balance xrays and keep trimming cycles nice and short (4 weeks at the moment) to maintain good foot balance.

The vet has also recommended that we can start on the water treadmill @Goldenstar so that’s our next step on the strengthening journey.

Over the last few weeks, she has really settled down too. I’m thrilled with her!

IMG_2668.jpeg

Facetune_08-09-2024-18-49-17.jpeg

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Just popping in to say that my horse is now officially vet declared sound! I’m so unbelievably relieved!

We now have the challenge of keeping her sound so we will up the work a bit but take it slowly, get some more foot balance xrays and keep trimming cycles nice and short (4 weeks at the moment) to maintain good foot balance.

The vet has also recommended that we can start on the water treadmill @Goldenstar so that’s our next step on the strengthening journey.

Over the last few weeks, she has really settled down too. I’m thrilled with her!

View attachment 146747

View attachment 146748
She is looking great well done 😊

I know it wasn't always easy but she was so totally worth it she is so beautiful.

I'm really happy for you x