British Breeding Stallion Event

Horses_Rule

Visit site
Just seeing if anybody else went? I thought it was a really great way of seeing lots of really nice (and not so nice) stallions in the flesh and on display!
Did anyone else go? Did any really catch your eye -for good or bad reasons? Some stallions really turned my head that I hadn’t given half a thought to before hand!

TheMule

Visit site
I watched it on CMH quite glad I didn’t bother to make the effort to go. We have a lot of people kidding themselves over what makes a stallion it would seem.

There we’re some quality horses there, and some that were probably nice, but let down by the people riding them.

Horses_Rule

Visit site
I watched it on CMH quite glad I didn’t bother to make the effort to go. We have a lot of people kidding themselves over what makes a stallion it would seem.

There we’re some quality horses there, and some that were probably nice, but let down by the people riding them.

Completely agree. Me and the friend I went with agreed that it was very obvious the horses that had been produced properly by pros or near pros and as a viewer it very much showed

Asha

Visit site

I missed it , did you see Ecclestone and Espeshelli ?

TheMule

Visit site
I missed it , did you see Ecclestone and Espeshelli ?

Yes- both are going to be super horses as they both really jump. Ecclestone is just like his sire in his body but with very long legs. He did go a bit green and had a spooky jump over the over first time. He is going to have a great canter but it is very weak at the moment so he changes behind quite a lot. He has a huge amount of scope but jumps very high and is quite dangly currently- he will look a lot better with time, strength and a bigger fence.
Espeshelli is a slighter more refined version of his full brother but I suspect he will chunk out like him in time. He also really jumped. He had a spooky run out at an over with a filler the first time but came back round and jumped it fine. He has a really nice hindend technique
They were both a bit hard to judge as both been pinned down and obviously only just turning 4.

Last edited:

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Gawd, it sounds awful. Anyone been to a stallion kürung on the continent? I usually go and look at any get or close relatives before plumping for a sire rather than just looking at a stallion. You're buying what he produces, not the stallion himself.

Springs

Visit site
It’s still available to watch on CMH and there were a few wobbles at the event, with the notable one running late which was to our advantage as we were also running late!

foot traffic was low, but for the first event coming out of COVID it wasn’t bad and the TV coverage would have also put people off visiting but expanded to those who could not get there.

?