British Dressage Freestyle to music ? anyone know about this ??

treacle86

Visit site
How does this work ???
I do a little unaff dressage here and there , but am intrigued by BD freestyle event ???

How does this work , i am thinking of becoming BD member and then would have to join as member of the freestyle to music element ??

If i was a member and organised my music would it simply be a case of i enter the class i want ,lowest level cos we r nt superstars !!!lol and then i just get to do different movements in my test that i fancy ??? easy stuff with couple of harder things thrown in that we can manage ???

anyone done this ??love to hear from everyone ???

thanks

Divasmum

Visit site
The movements you have to do are laid down at each level i.e. they get harder the higher the level of test. You put them together in the order you want to and the test has to be a certain number of minutes long. You can get the test requirements from BD.

clipclop

Visit site
You can become a full member of BD but there is also a music membership option which I think is about £15 at the moment.

The test lists a list of movements required for the test. For instance a Novice Freestyle consists of 15m circle in working trot on both reins, 20m circles in canter on both reins, lengthened trot strides, free walk on a long rein walk, medium walk. Pretty much what you see in Novice Tests. You are not supposed to do anything more fancy.

You can put your floor plan together to suit you and your horse. Play to your strengths. Finding music is great fun and it is quite easy to put your own music together if you are that way inclined. However many people pay someone to put music together for them that suits horse and rider.

At a competition you just hand in your well marked CD (Always have a copy) to the show secretary and then when your time comes you just go ahead and do your test.

When you become a BD music member you will be sent stickers and forms to fill in to regarding the music you are using.

I think that is all. LOL
smile.gif