British Dressage rant

No, can't have assessment - I have specifically asked BD and thet said no.

I understand what you are saying.........I did the prelim nationals on the horse i'm talking about - she was genuinely a Prelim horse at the time (she had only been registered with BD for six months when we went to the nationals) and it was my first time going and at the time the highest level I had ridden at was Novice and yes i would have been miffed if i had been beaten by a similar rider to me on a horse that was really advanced. I've known for ages that she would have 40 points and be Novice open and it was fine. I only became so annoyed when I found out about this horse that had been imported and the bias regarding downgrading horses.......it just does not seem a good system to me.

At the momnt no body gains except the rider of the imported horse............you have the genuine prelim rider on the genuine prelim horse against the advanced/psg horse and you have horses like mine (which is graded slightly lower than the imported horse) that are in the novice open with a novice rider trying to beat group 3 riders.