British Eventing

humblepie

Visit site
I’ve just had an email confirming my associate membership of BE. Weird as not joined. Not jumped a fence for ten years and no intention to. Will contact them tomorrow but anyone else had unexpected email.

humblepie

Visit site
interesting. I will see what I can find out tomorrow. Possibly something to do with BD database given the email it went to.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Have British Dressage given them their email list to tell everyone they have free BE associate membership, which is free anyway and only consists of a login to the BE site?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
And that may be a whole different can of worms!

GDPR, anyone?
This! The e mails may been sent out accidentally, but BE has committed a major breach of GDPR by retaining and now using contact details without permission.

I haven't had an email from them. I am an associate member of BE, or whatever the free membership category is.

Anyone who has had an email, kick back at BE with a strongly worded letter and also report them for the GDPR breach.

If BD are sharing out contact details, report them too.

https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/make-a-complaint

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
You are of course free to feel like that. Misuse of contact details is something that seriously p1sses me off, and is not something that I ever ignore .

If you have ticked the share with 3rd parties box then that will be how they are getting round it. I try not to tick that box but sometimes you cannot avoid it.

EnduroRider

Visit site
I have one, in my maiden name from several years ago, with an address I have never lived at, and I have never been a BE member. Very odd and I have emailed to query it :confused:

Lexi_

Visit site
Well I didn’t get the initial email, but I did get today’s “sorry if you received an email about associate membership” email ?

humblepie

Visit site
Little update - I have found out that my email address used was from a competition I entered in 2014 (not a ridden one as never done BE but an online competition).