Brockenhurst Cancelled !

SteveGG

Visit site
As title - just noticed on the BE site that it has been cancelled due to the XC & lorry park being waterlogged.
This season just seems to be getting worse.

BBs

Visit site
Argh what a blinking shame
frown.gif
have we really had that much rain??

teapot

Visit site
Not another one!
frown.gif

We've not had that much rain though - nothing like what we had about 3 to 4 weeks ago

DollyPentreath

Visit site
Just came on to post this.. We had alot of rain yesterday but I'm so surprised it's cancelled. Really, really surprised.

J, I feel for you. I NEEDED the run too; argh!!
frown.gif
mad.gif

sw123

Visit site
We;re seriously stuffed, teh horse i was going with needs an advanced run before Burghley or he can't go, so if we don't get into thirlestane today it'll be another CCI*** at Blenheim. Good thing they entered both!

Faithkat

Visit site
We have had an awful lot of rain over the last couple of days (well over an inch according to my local weather report thingy) and the Forest is notorious for being one of the few places in the country where you get a bog on the side of a hill - it completely defies all the laws of physics. My fields on the edge of the Forest and only about 5 miles from Brock as the crow flies are now under water again (just as they were starting to dry up too
frown.gif
)

PennyJ

Visit site
Yes, being in the same area as forester would agree with what she says. The mud has come back AGAIN

Due to the weather, they were late cutting the hay on the park, which hasn't helped in drying out the ground.

Seriously, if it was still on, you would have wished you were anywhere else if the lorry park is waterlogged. anyone who visited the NF Show will know exactly what I mean, the mud there was beyond describing.

Here's hoping Summer 2008 is better (well that won't take much lol)

merlinsquest

Visit site
Kids on holiday in caravan awning in Brockenhurst.... they are on their way home as we speak because the camp site has rivers running down it....one of which is through my parents awning.

They only went on monday :-(

Can believe the ground is awful.

nickyb

Visit site
have to say i went to the new forest last night to pick up a lorry and it is absolutley sodden down there, there is no way the event could have run. and on my way home it never stopped rainning. its so depressing for everyone, we've got these poor horses so fit ready for there events and events being cancelled left, right and centre. not sure about anyone else but my horse is at bursting point.

PennyJ

Visit site
I went up to the park tonight for a bit of a party for the helpers who didn't have to help in the end... Just with about 30 cars, the ground was really badly churned up when I left, and seriously squelchy underfoot. If it had gone ahead, it would have ended up being called off after the first class in conditions like those today (it's rained all day from mid morning here). Such a shame...