Broken bridle ?

SaddlepadHoarder

Visit site
Got a lovely bridle for Xmas for my gelding. It is a Acavallo Maesta from Horsehealth and is absolutely beautiful. Much more expensive than my usual 2nd hand, came with horse or £100 max bridles. So obviously treated it like glass and followed care guide to a t.

But went use it today and the metal piece on the noseband has come away. What are people's experiences with having products replaced/refunded from Horsehealth? It has a 2 year warranty.

Pic of it here.

download.jpeg.jpg
Wont let me upload my photos of my damaged one so you can probably tell where the metal part is from this one.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Got a lovely bridle for Xmas for my gelding. It is a Acavallo Maesta from Horsehealth and is absolutely beautiful. Much more expensive than my usual 2nd hand, came with horse or £100 max bridles. So obviously treated it like glass and followed care guide to a t.

But went use it today and the metal piece on the noseband has come away. What are people's experiences with having products replaced/refunded from Horsehealth? It has a 2 year warranty.

Pic of it here.

View attachment 40586
Wont let me upload my photos of my damaged one so you can probably tell where the metal part is from this one.

Is it the small metal piece stitched to the cheek-piece, that has two legs or spurs sewn into the noseband?

1579457244507.png

Oz will better placed than me to comment on this, but it looks like a bit of a weak point in the design...

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
I'd take it back to the retailer and see if they can claim for it from Le Mieux, especially with it having a 2 year warranty. Worth a try.

The purchaser's contract is with the retailer; it is the retailer's responsibility to honour its obligations under the relevant laws towards the purchaser.

Any back and forth between the retailer and the wholesaler or manufacturer is beside the point and does not in any way concern the purchaser.

wish upon a star

Visit site
The purchaser's contract is with the retailer; it is the retailer's responsibility to honour its obligations under the relevant laws towards the purchaser.

Any back and forth between the retailer and the wholesaler or manufacturer is beside the point and does not in any way concern the purchaser.

Yes that's why I said to return it to the retailer, who I then realised might be Horsehealth/Le Mieux.

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
It does look like a weak point as Keith has said, he is also right about the contract is with the retailer. When I had a shop and was selling saddlery and equestrian goods had I bought in rather than I made myself, if anything broke I usually could repair it myself and get it back to the customer pretty damn quick,
Some of the wholesalers though are ars*holes, I had a pair of special order extra wide stirrup leathers (English leather) snap on someone once, unrepairable and I wouldn't even try to as it would be deemed unsafe. It wasn't a width I usually stocked so didn't have a spare pair to give them and they didn't want oak bark tanned stirrup leathers in that width that I could have made for them as it was too chunky. I phoned the wholesalers, they insisted I sent the broken pair back first before they issued out a new pair which doesn't help the poor customer and it makes it look like the retailer's the problem and gives them a bad name so although Keith you are right, remember there is always another side to the story and sometimes the retailer's do get the blame when it's further up the supply chain that's the problem.
Oz

SaddlepadHoarder

Visit site
Hi, sorry haven't replied to any of these. Yes, it is the metal part of the noseband. It seems to have come out of where it is fixed to the leather. The retailer has contacted Horsehealth and I'm now just waiting for a reply. Thanks for all your replies, I just hope it can be resolved as it really is a beautiful bridle

silv

Visit site
I wonder if this is a weak point, I was considering buying one of these bridles, might put my plans on hold. On saying that we have a good saddler locally who can fix most things.

SaddlepadHoarder

Visit site
Tbh as there is a 2yr warranty it isn't too bad and I have a feeling mine may have been slightly faulty as the metal piece has just popped out from under the leather where it has been glued. I can same though that the leather feels lovely and my boy seemed to go really well in it until it broke!