Broken leg

Ben83

New User
Visit site
Has anyone ever suffered a broken leg while riding. Im currently in hospital and kind of concerened about the situation

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Has anyone ever suffered a broken leg while riding. Im currently in hospital and kind of concerened about the situation

I'm sorry to read that you are injured and in hospital. I hope you make a full recovery.

I haven't personally broken a leg although I have had other injuries.

Your question has been posted in the archive area of the forum. You should get more views and hopefully helpful responses if you post in the Tack Room rather than the Tack Room archive. Link here - https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/the-tack-room.79/

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
How has a thread started today come up in Tack Room Archive?

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
How has a thread started today come up in Tack Room Archive?

I'm guessing because sometimes this wonderful technology supposed to make our lives easier, likes to do the exact opposite of making our lives easier?

Sorry, Ben83, I can't offer any help with your question. When I broke one of my legs ages ago, I wasn't riding, without playing Tarzan in our garden, jumping between some trees, to a tall metal bar, and then down to the ground. Had done it before, but one day after doing it for an hour or so, it didn't go as well as before.

Anyhow, hope all ends as well as possible with your broken leg.

cold_feet

Visit site
That's bad luck :(. I broke my ankle due to a unexpected dismount a couple of years ago. It didn't look like a major break to me on the x-ray (no medical expertise at all!) but I was in plaster and non-weight bearing for 6 weeks than maybe another 4 weeks physio learning to walk properly. No lasting effects though. Just take your time, get yourself waited on at home for as long as you can, do as the medical experts tell you and if you can invest in extra physio when you are able to - it is definitely worth it.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
By the way, if you would happen to be interested not only in stories about riding and breaking a leg, there's a long thread in the All About Dogs section, by Pearlsasinger, who was just going out on a dog walk with her sister, and their dogs, when she slipped, broke a leg, and ended up with a metal rods sticking out of her skin contraption for some weeks.
https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/threads/dog-walking-is-dangerous.796006/