Broken neck of femur.

sherlocksgirls

Visit site
Hi you lot

Ok in a completely un horse accident , I smacked up my neck of femur in my left hip. It has been operated on and healing well.

My question is , has anyone any experience of this and if so how long was it before they could ride again .

Thanks peeps x

GlamourPuss86

Visit site
Ouch! Poor you!

Out of curiosity did they use a fixion nail? They're not often used but in my job we have to check, just curious!

I'll ask the T&O consultants when I get in tomorrow if you like?

elisebev

Visit site
Hi you lot

Ok in a completely un horse accident , I smacked up my neck of femur in my left hip. It has been operated on and healing well.

My question is , has anyone any experience of this and if so how long was it before they could ride again .

Thanks peeps x

I broke my left hip in a horse related accident in April 2005. I also had an operation to insert a pin and was in hospital for 5 days. I remained on crutches until the start of June and finally got back riding in August.

elisebev

Visit site
Hi you lot

Thanks peeps x

I broke my left hip in a horse related accident in April 2005. I also had an operation to insert a pin and was in hospital for 5 days. I remained on crutches until the start of June and finally got back riding in August.

sherlocksgirls

Visit site
Ouch! Poor you!

Out of curiosity did they use a fixion nail? They're not often used but in my job we have to check, just curious!

I'll ask the T&O consultants when I get in tomorrow if you like?

Hi thanks for the replies . It is a flexible screw , because I am so young and horse ride. It goes right down to just above my knee.

oofadoofa

www.mearecourtequestrian.co.uk
Hello, haven't posted on here in a while, but ouch - feel for you! I broke mine on 29 July this year (so 14 weeks ago I think), sat back on my horse for the first time 4.5 weeks after it happened, went for my first proper hack 6 weeks after it happened and back more or less to normal now, including jumping. I was on two crutches for 2 weeks, then down to one crutch and off crutches altogether after 5 weeks. If you need any advice give me a shout :)

Goldenstar

Visit site
I did this in 1991 .
It was pinned unfortunatly it slightly rotated and left me with one leg shorter than the other
And a lot of discomfort .
I ended having it replaced five years ago.
I did ride it took about three months but was always in pain .
After One year the pin was removed ( it was loose and causeing terrible discomfort ) which did improve things but it was never pain free until I had it replaced.

P111KLD

New User
Visit site
Hey, just came across this post and wondered if any of you can share some more of your experiences?

I suffered a stress fracture to my left femur neck and got an operation 8 weeks ago to secure it with 2 pins and a screw. I have been on crutches for 8 weeks and got down to one crutch today. I'm not in any pain and can walk a little without any aids. My PT doesn't start for another 6 weeks but I wondered how quickly you all got back to riding again? I've been told 6 months for hacking / low impact stuff and a year for jumping!

cheers