Browbands... Bling or boring (just for fun)

Browband what's your poison?

• Total voters

blitznbobs

Visit site
I was surfing the net this evening looking for an oversided brown plain browband for my big fella (his 'old' one stitching has gone a bit dodgy) and all I can find is BLING BLING... didn't know there were this many different designs... so what do you go for Bling or plain...

wilsha

Visit site
00(3).jpg
i got a really cool one for my pony it looks pretty smart but its a bit fun aswell its personalised in diamonte sounds a bit ott but they are really nice

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
I have this one as Oscar's dapple grey and I tend to "dress" him in blue and silver! ;) :eek: It's a silver clincher browband :)
I preferred it to the traditional bronze/gold one :)
crosscountryclinic190409000.jpg

P.S. Sorry if that's huge I couldn't find a better pic to show what I meant :eek:

bronchobarb2

Visit site
Plain hunter or raised style preferred for my horse.. but like to bling up the kids pony using the excuse that they like it, Sid has a twinkly blue diamonte browband. I almost bought a show jacket with a twinkly collar for my 10 year old daughter but thought better of it as I didn't think it would go down well showing.

Enfys

Visit site
Daughter has blingy browband for her Morgan.
124205c6.jpg

No bling on my bridles. Just plain basket weave stamp. Single ear not hung up wonky ;)
DSCF2665.jpg

Last edited:

rhino

Visit site
Usually use the black/white padded browband that came with his bridle, used to have a snaffle bit browband which really suited my horses pretty little head!

Enfys

Visit site
Enfys - Can I ask what is the benefit of a single ear bridle?

Ummmm...Good question :)I have no idea:( A case of less is more really. Less to clean, easy to put on and off maybe? I honestly hadn't thought about it.

An English bridle would look stupid with my saddles, I do like the simplicity of my bridles, I have never liked throatlashes, didn't even use them on English bridles unless I had to dress up for parties. I like the single ear headstalls rather than the ones with the kind of 'floating' throatlash.
I love my local tack store, so many shiny things, western riders LOVE their glitz and glitter:D
http://www.pleasantridge.ca/headstalls - western.htm

Sol

Visit site
I have a mix..... o.o
I have a clencher browband and a slightly blingy but brass one that's chain with a brass plate in the centre with Dan's name on for my every day bridle...
I have a blingy one for my dressage bridle
and I have some of the colourful ribbon covered ones for XC
and I have a stitched one that came with the every day bridle
and a rolled one for the rolled bridle!
phew xD Lots!

Sparkles

Visit site
For professional purposes....plain hunter-type browbands all the way...

But I am secretly so longing for a teeny tiny bit of bling! *shockhorror* Haha! :p

Last edited:
D

Donkeymad

Plain plain plain. Got to admit, my donkeys look good in clinchers and the occasional not ott bling.:cool:

somethingorother

Visit site
I love a bit of nice stitching on bridles. And i looove rolled leather! Clinchers look smart on bigger built/native (as opposed to arab) types, and i would like a silver one, like oscywoskyponio has.

Otherwise, i prefer raised to plain flat hunter types (unless on a hunter/cob of course ;) )