Brown boot shopping help!

Zeb93

Visit site
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone could help me find a new pair of boots for everyday wear. I am really struggling - I have my heart set on a brown pair and cannot find anything long enough (19 1/2 " leg) in brown. I love the bromonts with the Spanish top but they don't come in brown and the regular top just isn't long enough :(

Requirements:
- Spanish top
- quality -ride between 5 and 10 a day, plus lunging etc and don't want to be replacing boots a few months down the line
- budget £200 - £350
- need to be able to try them somewhere

Am I looking for the impossible? I could wait until Badminton but really wanted something sooner!

Thanks in advance!! Any suggestions much appreciated!

Gamebird

Visit site
Mine are De Niro, they were made to measure as I have very long legs, but I did the measurements myself and they were spot on. Took a couple of months to get them made though, so you have a bit of a wait. I dealt with them via Dogwood, who were excellent. I don't wear them every day, but have had them about 6 years. The zip is starting to struggle on one due to wear in the ankle crease - probably from my spurs. I can get it up and down with a bit of WD40, but it will need replacing soon. They were around the top end of your budget from memory.

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
I've got the de niro's too and really like them. I got them for a bargain price of £60 though secondhand but had only been worn a handful of times! Even so, quality is good and they're really comfy so worth the money at full price.

FireFly29

Visit site
I recently tried on some HKM brown boots that come in a wide range of sizes, I'm about a 18.5-19 height and they were tall enough for me (just a bit wide and didn't have the narrow size in stock, hence I didn't buy!)
They do field boots and normal boots without the laces. I think the field boots are called Spain and the normal ones are called Italy.
Inchs saddlery have them, or if not there's bound to be somewhere selling them at Badminton.
They are about £150 so under budget, and they seemed good quality and well made, though probably not as nice quality as DeNiro or Cavallo etc.
May be worth a look if your really struggling to find something.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have HKM ones I am medium height in them but they did a long as well .
They are a lovely dark brown colour very nice to work in and good value

VickyP

Visit site
If you like bromonts could you go down the Ariat short boot and half chap route? That way you can get the colour you want and a more adaptable fit? I have the ariat devon pros and close contact chaps in brown and they are lovely and smart.

Zeb93

Visit site
Mine are De Niro, they were made to measure as I have very long legs, but I did the measurements myself and they were spot on. Took a couple of months to get them made though, so you have a bit of a wait. I dealt with them via Dogwood, who were excellent. I don't wear them every day, but have had them about 6 years. The zip is starting to struggle on one due to wear in the ankle crease - probably from my spurs. I can get it up and down with a bit of WD40, but it will need replacing soon. They were around the top end of your budget from memory.

Which de niros - most I looked at were well over budget but maybe im looking in the wrong places!

I recently tried on some HKM brown boots that come in a wide range of sizes, I'm about a 18.5-19 height and they were tall enough for me (just a bit wide and didn't have the narrow size in stock, hence I didn't buy!)
They do field boots and normal boots without the laces. I think the field boots are called Spain and the normal ones are called Italy.
Inchs saddlery have them, or if not there's bound to be somewhere selling them at Badminton.
They are about £150 so under budget, and they seemed good quality and well made, though probably not as nice quality as DeNiro or Cavallo etc.
May be worth a look if your really struggling to find something.

I had a look at the hkm ones and the tallest ones seem to only be about 17" :(

What are peoples thoughts on these:
http://www.ooteman.nl/dames/rijlaarzen/leder/petrie-rijlaars-athene-bruin
In the cognac colour. Cant decide if they look too polo esque but could get them long enough and they are beautiful but defo a statement!!

FireFly29

Visit site
I had a look at the hkm ones and the tallest ones seem to only be about 17" :(

What are peoples thoughts on these:
http://www.ooteman.nl/dames/rijlaarzen/leder/petrie-rijlaars-athene-bruin
In the cognac colour. Cant decide if they look too polo esque but could get them long enough and they are beautiful but defo a statement!!

I think it depends a lot on your foot size with the HKM boots. I'm a size 7 so I think they were about 18.5" tall, but if you have smaller feet you might struggle.
Those boots in your link look nice.
I know its probably not what your after, but I had my heart set on some brown everyday boots and I ended up getting Ariat short boots and Ariat half chaps in brown. They are half price at Equestrian Clearance at the moment.
The small/tall fits 13.5" wide and 19" tall, not sure if that's any help.

Goldenstar

Visit site