Showjumping Bruised and battered.

Littlefloof

Visit site
Fingers crossed you find some answers, and here's hoping you feel much better very soon.

On the plus side, it means you CAN jump! Pony just got strong and took a flyer because the rider fell asleep at the wheel :)

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
the other who has broken the same arm twice, the last one she fell off at a standstill. She slipped to the floor.

First day cross-country skiing: I fell over sideways while standing still (tips of skis planted in a snowdrift, and broke the 2nd and 3rd metacarpals in my left hand.

Nowhere near as serious as OP's head injury, comparable to slipping off an immobile pony.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Gosh, that was an unexpected turn! I hope you get a diagnosis soon. If it were me I would ban myself from riding or driving until I knew it was controlled, but I am sure you have already done that.

I hope it is all sorted soon. X

Cragrat

Visit site
Crikey - not good - though perhaps a tiny silver lining is that actually there was nothing wrong with your jumping ability!

How fortunate that the round was videod, and that the young person videoing it recognised it was not a normal fall, and that they knew where to find you! In a way that fall was very lucky.... I just hope they can now diagnose and treat the underlying problem.

conniegirl

Visit site
How fortunate that the round was videod, and that the young person videoing it recognised it was not a normal fall, and that they knew where to find you! In a way that fall was very lucky.... I just hope they can now diagnose and treat the underlying problem.

I dont think the young girl did, from what the mum told me the mum was reviewing the videos herself looking for her own round.
It was a yard show so everyone keeps thier horse here, no outsiders as the yard insurance wouldnt cover it.

Im thankful she did review the videos though.

Had another call from doctors this afternoon asking me to come in for a 3rd set of blood tests. Seen as this was a call not a letter I suspect thy have found something.

Feel like im turning into a pin cushion though

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I hope your recovering well from your fall and so sorry to hear you now have further complications, at least now it's highlighted how unwell you are a bit of a blessing in disguise, I actually only do shiny and dancing ponies now no jumping for me either;)

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Just wanted to add I went through a period of passing out for no reason, I had tests galore but the only thing they found was my blood pressure can get low, I used to have to record it 3 times a day for while and luckily I have been ok since.

conniegirl

Visit site
well after 3 rounds of blood tests we are no closer to finding out why and I've been referred to a neurologist.

Its getting a bit scarey now

only_me

Visit site
well after 3 rounds of blood tests we are no closer to finding out why and I've been referred to a neurologist.

Its getting a bit scarey now

Just remember it might be something easily fixed, and I think it’s routine to be referred to neuro if unexplained unconsciousness. Fingers crossed find out soon

JustMe22

Visit site
Try not to stress too much, within reason. Similar to a poster above I tend to pass out for no apparent reason. Have had everything tested and no solutions found but it still happens. I hope they can find an easily fixable reason for yours or at least that it stops happening!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I was taken in an ambulance to A&E because of a suspected heart attack, when I fainted, in the middle of a staff meeting at school. That turned out to be caused by a trapped nerve in my neck from a previous fall from a horse. These things are not always what they seem and doctors don't always realise what the hidden effects of falling from/with a horse can be. Fingers crossed that your problem is something similar.