Bruised sole

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
Ok, I've never had any horse go lame on me except when penny's spavin plays up, now big boy has come back from hack this morning walking with rider, they could not avoid a bit of stoney track, and he must have trod on something and I think he has bruised his left hind sole. Recent rain must have washed top soil away. He has huge deep frogs and I could see a small indent near the toe, washed it and brushed sole out def no cut there thankfully , what is bothering me is one livery said few days rest and see how he is, ok, then another said oh... It could take months to be right!!! Opinions please,
positive there is no puncture or wound that we can see , it's slightly tender to press where the mark is.
Thank you for reading.

Godknows

Visit site
Ok, I've never had any horse go lame on me except when penny's spavin plays up, now big boy has come back from hack this morning walking with rider, they could not avoid a bit of stoney track, and he must have trod on something and I think he has bruised his left hind sole. Recent rain must have washed top soil away. He has huge deep frogs and I could see a small indent near the toe, washed it and brushed sole out def no cut there thankfully , what is bothering me is one livery said few days rest and see how he is, ok, then another said oh... It could take months to be right!!! Opinions please,
positive there is no puncture or wound that we can see , it's slightly tender to press where the mark is.
Thank you for reading.

Is your horse shod? If so have you fully checked to see a small stone hasn't wedged between shoe and hoof?

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Thank you for reading.

My horse has been lame with a bruise for over two weeks now, with no sign of improvement. The thing you have to watch out for with bruises is an abscess forming. But you will know if this happens because the horse will become more lame and often non weight bearing.

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
He is shod, huge feet. Nothing visable between shoe and hoof wall, farrier coming Friday if no better will get farrier to check. Then if no better again by next week I will get the vet out. I can't see any stones lodged there, and he let me mess with his foot happily.