Bruised sole??

BabyA

Visit site
Rear shoes removed a few weeks a go ( horse out on loan not my decision! )
Both rear feet hot & both have purple marks on sole. Sole pictured the worst if I can add it. Wasn't soft only pressed hard with finger not pinchers with no reaction.
I'll speak to farrier first thing but always thought bruised soles were redder?
Anyone??

trottingon

Visit site
My boy has concussion lami in one foot at the moment which started off diagnosed as bruised soles in all four feet.
He was just really footsore on all four initially but had hardly any bruising on any of his soles. His other three feet recovered after a few weeks and he became more obviously lame on this last foot which has been x-rayed and nerve blocked and diagnosed with concussion lami. He's now in heart bar shoes for the next few months in the hope he will recover😳

cptrayes

Visit site
Rear shoes removed a few weeks a go ( horse out on loan not my decision! )
Both rear feet hot & both have purple marks on sole. Sole pictured the worst if I can add it. Wasn't soft only pressed hard with finger not pinchers with no reaction.
I'll speak to farrier first thing but always thought bruised soles were redder?
Anyone??

Is the horse unsound?

Unsound feel almost always feel hotter than shod ones and the marks are of no concern unless the horse is unsound.

JillA

Visit site
Bruising is damage to the small capillary blood vessels and a subsequent leakage of blood. Like any bruise it starts off red (pink on feet) and goes darker with time. I would guess if the horse was lame due to bruising it isn't any more since the bruise is old.