Brushing boots recommendations?

VioletStripe

Visit site
Hello all! So now the summer months are coming, I'll be doing more hacking with hopefully some faster work, and also plan on doing more lungeing! So, as the title, I would like some recommendations for brushing boots to have. So far for lungeing (I don't do it much) I've always used bandages, but I would like to invest in some brushing boots.. so, any recommendations? I quite like the look of the Premier Equine ones with the vents as I thought these could be nice in the warmer weather, but any recommendations would be fab! Thank you :) xx

Misog2000

Visit site
I have a set of Caldene ones that I really like, they are a lovely soft breathable material but the strike pads are solid. They also come right down over the front of her fetlocks which some don't seem to do

Herts05

Visit site
Definitely Premier Equine Kevlar ones with the air vents. They are lighter than most and don't cause the legs to heat up. Definitely don't retain water either. Bought a pair at Olympia and definitely going to buy another pair at Burghley

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I like Woof Club boots for general hacking. They are soft and have no seams around the edges which I always look for as my horse tends to get rubbed easily. Good price, easy to wash and last a long time and lots of colours.

horseyhan1992

New User
Visit site
I like the woof club boots too. Have had them for ages now (used them loads) and they still look like new! Very hard wearing. Plus they are very reasonable too.

starryeyed

Visit site
I'm a big fan of the woof boots too - very durable, work well & stay looking smart forever! Also don't cost as much as similar boots.
I haven't tried the premier equine brushing boots but have their event boots and they're fab, so would think the brushing boots would be really good quality too.

VioletStripe

Visit site
Thank you for all your suggestions - I was tempted by the WW ones! Will have a look at my local tack shop and see which ones you've suggested look to be the best fit. Haven't seen Caldene around before, though they do look really nice from the look of their website.. Oh I do love horsey shopping :D Thank you very much :) xx

McW

Visit site
Premier equine are lovely especially if you have a brushed. I have to say if you are on a budget shires jo boots are nice and very protective

cattysmith

Visit site
I got some spottbac ones that came with my mare 8 years ago and we use them all the time. They've been superb! They wash great too. I love Clarendon boots but because hers have lasted so incredibly well I've not been able to buy any for her!

Shadster

Visit site
I've just bought some Caldene ones. Very impressed with them. Also the NEW airflow brushing boots are brilliant as the legs don't overheat. The small size is too big for my pony's front legs though so he has a pair for his back legs and the Caldenes for his front legs.

PFM22

Visit site
I like the woof club boots too. Have had them for ages now (used them loads) and they still look like new! Very hard wearing. Plus they are very reasonable too.

I agree, Woof ones are fab. The Club boots are great as no seams but if your horse isn't pink skinned or sensitive then the single/double lock brushing boots are ace too and great in summer months as made from breathable neoprene. Mine have lasted my for donkeys years and get used most days!