Brushing boots - which offer the best protection?

cyearsley

Visit site
Hi - long story but my horse had a tendon injury last year and also brushes behind (apart from that he's fab - honest!). He wears Premier Equine Air Cooled Event boots when doing more demanding or faster work but on a day to day general basis he wears the double locking Woof brushing boots.

Anyhow he has a knock on the fetlock (bit of a lump but sound) and wondered if there is a better brushing boot than I am already using. Am happy to use his event boots on a day to day basis but the strike pad itself is no thicker though I guess is leather but the Woof ones are quite tough.

Does anyone out there have a horse that brushes and what are the best boots for this? Have always used Woof ones for this problem but guess there may be something more protective?

Any advice welcome!

hellybelly6

Visit site
My horse also had a tendon injury in a hind leg and brushes.

I used equilibrium with the fetlock strap.

I have also found Legacy boots very good for brushing and use the hi viz ones. The fetlock area seems to be particularly well covered and protected in these.

seche

Visit site
Ive always been a fan of Woof Wear brushing boots on all of ours, though I think the best were gaitor brushing boots though im not sure if they are even made anymore.