BS Comp Report - British Novice Regional Final @ Church Farm

Escada2004

Visit site
Well what a day Lily and i had on Sunday! We trecked the 2 hours to Church Farm for the BN Regional Final, i was a little aprehensive as my lesson last Thursday wasnt great as i rode like a total wally :eek: although i really didnt have anything to worry about as i was riding the lovely Lily :p

So we got to Church Farm, walked the course, nice and technical, two sets of planks, last fence was a water tray under an oxer going straight away from the gate and there was a treble in there also. So i was drawn early 8th to go out of about 65 but wasnt bothered with that. I started to warm up, Lily doesnt like busy warm ups and really worries about the other horses in the warm up. She was going well until i jumped an oxer, she darted left as she landed away from another horse, my saddle slipped (stupid girl i hadnt tightened my girth properly) and i hit the floor!! Poor Lily what on earth was i doing! Well i twisted my knee but it didnt feel too bad - i got back on popped a little fence and she went in and jumped a lovely clear :D i was a little lucky at the last as i over shot it a little and hit the wing with my foot, luckily it stayed :eek:

Here is the video

http://youtu.be/8nAGewEbL5E

So next was the 2nd round, it didnt go up to much and was just the first 6 fences again. Lily jumped another fab clear :D

Here is the video

http://youtu.be/NRdhtRC-Za4

So come the third round we were feeling pretty good, she hadnt touched a fence in the first two rounds however i did feel her getting a little faster down the last line, which was also in the 3rd round. She jumped fab but was a little excited and threw her head a couple of times, we come down the last line, oxer to planks and she just took the last fence :( i was gutted as she took it behind and never has a fence behind, i think i just tensed a little :rolleyes:

Here is the video

http://youtu.be/v7wh-Cu94lQ

I was dissapointed but also very very pleased with her, its the biggest she has jumped in the ring and certainly found it easy! We have another go at Kingswood in a couple of weeks and im feeling really confident now :) we also have the discovery regional the next day which will be a real test but if i ride well Lily will be fine :)

More than can be said for my knee though, the pain got worse when i got home last night and this morning i felt sick with the pain, so a quick trip to A & E and i have pulled the ligament on the inside of my knee :( lots of strong painkillers and ibuprofen and i will be fine, so that will teach me for not tightening my girth :eek:

Sorry its so long, but hope you enjoy reading about our latest venture and watching the videos :)

1t34

Visit site
Three super rounds well done you and your lovely mare, super to see such a nice flowing rhythm in her canter. Shame about the last fence three rounds is a lot of concentrating for a young horse! Hope your knee gets better and good luck for next weekend

Supanova

Visit site
Well done! Cracking rounds and just so unlucky at the last! You must be be feeling great for Kingswood. Be careful with that knee - I hurt that ligament and took a while to get right! Plenty of ice and elevation!

Escada2004

Visit site
Thanks both, yes im over the moon with her and 3 rounds is difficult for a young horse but thats the good thing about these classes it prepares them for the future :) it was a good course, Sue didnt build stupid high yet she made it technical which i think is a much better way of building, its gets horse and jockey thinking without scaring the life out of the young horses :)

I have a weekend off now, then im at Weston Lawns for the Jubilee show, then the following weekend its Kingswood and Bold Heath :D so i have two weeks of light work on the knee. The pain killers and ibuprofen seem to be helping thank god!

dieseldog

Visit site
Such a shame. Good luck at the next one. So glad they changed the qualifying rules - it was ridiculous before.

showjump

Visit site
I saw your first round, and well done for the other two shame about the last fence. I was drawn first!!- however we rolled two poles in the second round, still not sure why as she was jumping so well.

Escada2004

Visit site
I saw your first round, and well done for the other two shame about the last fence. I was drawn first!!- however we rolled two poles in the second round, still not sure why as she was jumping so well.

Thanks showjump, yes i saw you go, your first round was fab! Such a shame about the second, at least the warm up area was quiet for you being first :) are you going to do kingswood??

Thanks jenniferB :)

showjump

Visit site
Did you see my second round? I thought we were on a good stride to both and she just touched them behind, very unlike her! However we did jump the warm up so maybe she was getting tired. I used a new approach with my mare, and walked/trotted around the other arena and went straight into the ring without a jump (under trainers instructions) and she was alot better, she gets very upset in collecting rings, verging on being dangerous so this seems to help her. Although feels very odd!!

I think i will go kingswood, and Bolds only 20mins from me, so will see you at both.

Escada2004

Visit site
Did you see my second round? I thought we were on a good stride to both and she just touched them behind, very unlike her! However we did jump the warm up so maybe she was getting tired. I used a new approach with my mare, and walked/trotted around the other arena and went straight into the ring without a jump (under trainers instructions) and she was alot better, she gets very upset in collecting rings, verging on being dangerous so this seems to help her. Although feels very odd!!

I think i will go kingswood, and Bolds only 20mins from me, so will see you at both.

Yes i watched from the warm up and thought you rode well to be honest - i know its hard in the colecting ring as Lily is very difficult to but maybe as it was that little bit biger she did need a fence? Such a dificult thing to deal with.

Great will def see you at both and i will make a point of saying hi this time :D

Escada2004

Visit site
Well done :) She looks lovely and she makes the final round look very easy such a shame about the last fence! I hope your knee isn't too painful and heals up quickly in time for the next 2nd round.

Thanks claire_p2001, she did feel better and better and the third round felt great, she just got a little keen as that was her third time down that line. She never takes a fence behind bless her. The knee has eased a little today, although still very sore but the good news is it actually feels best when its bent in riding position :p

showjump

Visit site
Yes that was my thought maybe just one oxer to get her to stretch maybe in order. Once she had those two she seemed to breeze the rest. Yes will see you at both, if i dont get very lost on way to kingswood!! Hope your knees feeling better soon.

Escada2004

Visit site
Yes that was my thought maybe just one oxer to get her to stretch maybe in order. Once she had those two she seemed to breeze the rest. Yes will see you at both, if i dont get very lost on way to kingswood!! Hope your knees feeling better soon.

Yes i would def try that :)

Kingswood is easy to find, let me know if you need directions and i will PM them to you :D

Nats_uk

Visit site
Well done - lovely well ridden rounds. Unlucky about the one pole

Glad to hear your knee is slightly better

Rambo

Visit site
What a shame to have the last fence in the lasr round. It all looked very good up to that point. I'm not sure about her getting tired though....she looked to be getting stronger and stronger in the 2nd and 3rd rounds ?

Surprised ar how tight that arena looks though....more like jumping indoors lol!

Escada2004

Visit site
Yes it def was tight wasnt it :) mind you it gives Lily less time to get speed up he he

Rambo - no Lily def wasnt getting tired, she seemed to gain more and more energy :) Showjump was referring to her horse :)