BS/HOYS 6yo Qualifiers

ElleJS

Visit site
In a nutshell (to save reading the below bit!) can someone explain BS 6yo classes for me as I am normally an eventer and i'm still getting to grips with BS qualifiers!

I jumped a few 5yo classes on the mare last year just did it for fun and to have a crack at the Brightwells extra prize money at the Young horse champs and for the mares experience.
So as a now 6yo I would like to do some 6yo classes as I don't want to run her too much eventing as its far too expensive and I don't want to hammer her on bad ground xc as she finds all very easy. So we are going to take the show jumping more seriously. She is jumping d/c at Fox & 1m30 atm. I see to qualify for HOYS (wishful thinking I know but would like to try!) you need to first jump 6yo classes and qualify for SCOPE festival first? Is that correct?

I've searched the BS website and I can find the info on the actual classes (ie the heights, 3 rounds etc...) but not where the venues are- So where are the first rounds being held?

Many thanks if you can help, that is great :D

dieseldog

Visit site
Look on main bs website at shows on left menu bar. then qualify dates and summer qualifies. on phone so can't link

Tinks81

Visit site
sorry to burst the bubble the 6yo at HOYS has been cancelled for 2013 now - final will be at scope (what a load of c**p) !!

deskbound

Visit site
From the other side ;) I bought one that had jumped 6yo here & overseas this spring, as a 7yo, to event. I saw some awesome vids - some of the French circuit looks fab, there are serious money derby's etc that might well suit your mare... Height-wise I think they were up to 1.30? But someone will doubtless correct me....!

ElleJS

Visit site
sorry to burst the bubble the 6yo at HOYS has been cancelled for 2013 now - final will be at scope (what a load of c**p) !!

That's such a shame I know may pros are NOT happy. Why oh why did they do that!??

As it happens my mare will be 7 this year, we did jump the HOYS qualifier first rounds in 2012 and went treble clear but didn't make it to scope due to eventing commitments, did manage a couple of 1m30s on her too clear so may see how we progress this year now she is 7. She pops round 1m50 for fun at home! It will be the deciding year for her- where if she doesn't knuckle down on the flat she will go pure showjumping or if she does then she'll focus on eventing and Blenheim in 2014! We will see!