BS membership

Destario

Visit site
Is it worth it? I'm thinking of just jumping on a ticket, but I don't know if the cost of membership significantly decreases the cost or how many competitions it would take to save the money spent on the membership.

I'm not sure about BS as I've not jumped pure sj affiliated except on a ticket!

Shay

Visit site
You get a further discount if you are PC, RS of affiliated to another body.

Jumping on a day ticket isn't worth it unless you are really only going to do one or two.

ann-jen

Visit site
What height are you planning on doing? And what are you aiming for? I was a full member with my old horse (now sort of retired.... but doesn't compete) and aimed for qualifiers and double clears etc.... My younger horse I've just taken Club membership for £30 and the classes go up to 1m and I have no ambitions to go any higher than this with her for the minute.... but you would get a BS standard course, be eligible for a lot of the training that membership gives you access to for a fraction of the price... then if you find that affiliated is for you, you can upgrade to full membership at a later date.... this is my current plan with mine anyway :)

legend22

Visit site
Exactly this. Even if your not a current Riding Club member it's well worth becoming / joining as a non-rider or what ever is cheaper as there are great savings to be had for two years I think!

Destario

Visit site
That does sound promising. Initially it would be my gelding going out as I'm saving for a jumping saddle for my mare. And as I've worked so hard on his rhythm I think he'd be starting out at 80/90 for a while to boost his confidence before going bigger. Can jump over 1m but not in a way I'd be happy to do at a show (the jump is fine, it's the bits in between, isn't it always!). Once my mare has a saddle we'd do bigger but she's only young so not too much.

I was thinking BS for the quality of tracks compared to unaffiliated and it would also (if I joined) go on records.

I don't really know who BS works now though, last time I competed on a ticket everything was in feet! Back now after a long break and membership of all the affiliates is very expensive. I need the BD one, but holding off until Olympia - sometimes they have discounts. But when you add in BE and BS it all adds up quickly. Especially with 2 horses.

ann-jen

Visit site
I'd have a look on the website and see how many venues run club near you. I'm lucky to have a few venues and the odd category 1 show that also run them.... but I think some areas don't run so many.... but I think you can still do so many national classes per year as a club member without using a ticket so it might still work out cheaper initially until you decide if you want to go for full membership or not.