BS Registration. My head is exploding.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Who'd have thought this would be an all day job!

So the helpful guide to membership helpfully bears no relationship to the membership options on the website! Mainly because they don't tell you you have to register the horse separately.

Then the website does not allow you to apply BRC discounts. 2 calls to BS later, I discover I can't join online. So it's a pen and paper job.

Then the form makes no sense. 1st choice, 2nd choice etc for horse's name??? She's called Ambers Echo. What else am I supposed to call her?

And she hasn't got a BS Registration number which is why I am registering her!!

And I don't have a BS Registration number either because I am trying to join!!!

Next mission - try and join BE. I think that's even worse if my efforts to compete on a ticket last year is anything to go by.

Is it just me? :(

Visit site
They ask for a second and third choice in case 'ambers echo' is already taken. I just put the same name but with numbers after as in 'ambers echo ii' and for the reg number just put 'new registration'

AML

Visit site
Scan everything and email to them and you can then phone for your membership numbers without having to wait for the paper work to come through.

Take photos of your completed forms, the relevant pages in the passport and of your riding club membership card and email the lot to them.

I did this on a Tuesday afternoon and rang them on Wednesday morning whilst at the secretaries to enter a class for the membership numbers for myself and horse.

They were super quick and helpful.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

I have asked for an email address to send scanned forms etc to. Just like for BE I can't work out what fees I need to pay for me/Amber/both of us. And the various discounts on offer aren't clear enough.

Clearly I am not bright enough for this!

I am not prepared to put bank details on the form anyway to post out. Seems crazy to me that they ask for them like that! So I will ring Monday and hope some kind person can talk this numpty through it all.