Bsc Equine Business Management - experiences?

Beccaeve

Visit site
Hi, I know this should be in Careers & Education but I figured more people would see it in here.
I would like some info about Bsc Equine businees management, who's done it?, what they thought of it kind of thing.
thanks
smile.gif

Firewell

Visit site
I did a BA(hons) in Equine Business Management at Hartpury College. It was OK, we had business lectures at UWE frenchay campus in Bristol but we were based at Hartpury and had most of our lectures there.
It was interesting but very devided. Like Strategic Management one day and Grassland management the next, not really sure it all went together to be honest and it felt at times like I was trying to do two different degrees! I had to be as brilliant as the pure business students at bristol but also as good as the pure equine science students at hartpury...
It got a degree and thats what matters, employers dont really care what the degree is in as long as you get one! In fact on my CV I just put it as Business Management because potential employers start getting confused by the equine bit!
If your really interested in the horsie side I would reccommend you do an Equine Science degree instead.

hedgehog1

Visit site
I did it! My course was really good, you did equine as well as business stuff, as well as basic business we did some law and accounting and alot of industry work particularly racing. You could also choose more horse science aspects or more business in the final year as well. Really good option if you dont want to do 100% horse, or you want to be a bit broader and not quite as limiting as pure equine.