BSJA (BS) confusion

DressageQueen11

Visit site
Right i am looking to register my 14.2hh to do bs but I am so confused as to what category i fit into... I am 16 years old (turned 16 on 7.7.12) so i believe i need to ride in senior classes? what type of membership do i need? any help would be great!

DressageQueen11

Visit site
I thought i would need to register as an associate but then it says on the website anyone 16 years or under requires a parent or guardian to join as well but on the FAQ's it says associate members do not require a parent to join. Its all very confusing! :L

tinap

Visit site
Best bet is to ring them. I think they will mean the year you are 16. I know its def associate you need as I've got to change my daughters from pony to associate because she is 16 too xx

showjumpergirl

Visit site
As an associate, you won't need a parent/guardian to join even though you are 16 because you're old enough to be the registered owner of your pony. As far as BS is concerned, you're 17 because that's how old you will be on your birthday in this calendar year. You'll need to ride in Senior classes and register your pony as a horse, a Grade C assuming that he has no previous winnings.

I hope that helps a little :)