BSJA Club - please help

J_sarahd

Visit site
I have been thinking of joining BS Club this year. Obviously I’ll wait until competitions are back up and running. Pony and I are currently competing at 75cm unaff but jumping up to about 90cm at home. I want him to have a record so I have somewhere to track progress. He’s 13.2 so far too small to do BS seniors.

Is Club worth it? I’ve obviously studied their handbook but I feel it’s always better to talk to people who are or who have been members to get an unbiased opinion.

doodle

Visit site
How old are you? I think 13.2s are up to 14. You can register a pony as a horse and do senior classes but I think the minimum might be 14hh. You would also struggle to get horse distances. Maybe get a useful child to do juniors? Club classes/shows are great and generally very busy.

J_sarahd

Visit site
Yeah I think he would be fine doing the 80/90cm senior classes but you’re right, anything bigger he would struggle with distances. He’s quite short-strided at the best of times. I had thought about getting someone under 14 to do juniors on him and I can just do unaff.

SmallSteps

Visit site
There are no age restrictions on riding a pony in club & you can turn up and try it before deciding whether to join. There’s record tracking and a national champs. He’ll be perfect

J_sarahd

Visit site
That’s why I looked into it because I knew I could ride him without any restrictions, even if he is a little dot.

I’ve read that club classes only go up to 1m? Not that we will ever jump bigger than that!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Club doesn’t have doubles hence no height restriction. That’s how they get around it.

J_sarahd

Visit site
I didn’t know this! Thank you. Definitely good for us because he is likely to refuse the second part if the striding isn’t spot on and I don’t help him out perfectly!

mavandkaz

Visit site
Club doesn’t have doubles hence no height restriction. That’s how they get around it.

Really? The club competition I did definitely had one, as I got eliminated at it ?

OP, it certainly is a good day out, and being BS you know the courses will be built well, rather then some of the iffy stuff you get at unaff.
You can go without being a member and then join afterwards if you like it. They then back date your points.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Really? The club competition I did definitely had one, as I got eliminated at it ?

OP, it certainly is a good day out, and being BS you know the courses will be built well, rather then some of the iffy stuff you get at unaff.
You can go without being a member and then join afterwards if you like it. They then back date your points.

You are right they have changed that rule. Interesting. I never understood it as BE doesn’t build differently for ponies or horses.

CJoe

Visit site
I have been thinking of joining BS Club this year. Obviously I’ll wait until competitions are back up and running. Pony and I are currently competing at 75cm unaff but jumping up to about 90cm at home. I want him to have a record so I have somewhere to track progress. He’s 13.2 so far too small to do BS seniors.

Is Club worth it? I’ve obviously studied their handbook but I feel it’s always better to talk to people who are or who have been members to get an unbiased opinion.
not too small! My close friend won the 60 and 70cms club champs this year on her 13.2hh :) she is a senior...dont believe there is a restriction with club classes on horse size!!

CJoe

Visit site
Been a member for a few years, definitely value for money and great fun, shows are few and far in between but some areas are better than others. Champs are amazing, stoneleigh year before last, and Bolesworth 2020 was amazing despite the pandemic! Highly recommend it.