BSJA height classes

polyphonic

Visit site
owning a a 15.1hh i sometimes hate that i have to compete agaisnt the bigger horses in classes, with strides etc and the height of classes! why oh why cant they make a class for the 'inbetweens' say from 14.3-16hh etc. thats my grumble for today
grin.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
That can be said of all the various sizes of ponies & horses....there's enough problems at the moment with life height certificate 14h2"......if they stood next to Flint there would hardly be any difference in size? (that's a whole different arguement thought) I can't see this ever happening Pete, you would spend more time at a show being measured to see what class you can enter than competing.
grin.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
I think you'll find that most people on big horses (16.2+) don't like competing against you and your nippy little horse in the jump off. You'll always beat a big horse in a 1m class especailly if he thinks like a pony.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
This is why I like my horses 17hh+ and why I have a 17.1 to SJ..........The striding length is spot on and the jumps look smaller
grin.gif
tongue.gif

PLAYBOY

Visit site
very true this is while song was great she could beat the big horses untill the fences wher above 3.6 becuse then the horse had more scope so works both ways i surpose ! xx

polyphonic

Visit site
i suppose with strides its knowing your horse or pony but i do know competing where some horses get 1,2,3 stride in between you can add a couple more and a half for me! i just wondered what peoples perception was, although competing upto 3'3-3-6ft un affiliated he won a few JO's for the fact he was a speedy nipper who could turn in a second!

lucemoose

Visit site
Flintus- You could probably measure him as a 148...haha! Then you just need to forge your birth certificate and voila! you can jump in juniors, am sure most of the 148s are well over..:p:p

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think you'll find that most people on big horses (16.2+) don't like competing against you and your nippy little horse in the jump off. You'll always beat a big horse in a 1m class especailly if he thinks like a pony.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was going to say exactly the same thing
wink.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was going to say exactly the same thing
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep....and me too
tongue.gif
Although having said that, my 16.3 struggles to make some of the stride lengths himself because he's a fairly short striding horse....but still can't turn quickly because he's fairly long in the body
tongue.gif

matthew

Visit site
My horse was the same size as flint although advertised as a 14.2!
He was really speedy against the other big horses though- so see it as a bonus- turns are easier as well!!!!

catembi

Visit site
And me...Cat was 17hh & quite strapping, & we only ever won stuff by being the slowest DC...

When all the whizzy people on their neat little TBs were racing each other in the jump off like it was some sort of Pony Club gymkhana game, they'd all have a pole, whereas we'd take it steadyish cos that's all we could do, & leave the jumps up.

Don't think we ever beat anyone on time... v annoying.

Blazingkate

carlingblacklabel.piczo.com
I have the Same problem with Carling! He's 15hh. He may be nipper than the bigger horses, but they cover the ground more. When I watch others go round and them watch a video of me, I seem to be going 100mph quicker than them, and then they beat me by a second! Although to be fair he's still learning to turn tight etc so hopefully when we can get him to turn on a penny I'll be beating them by a second lol.

I reckon we should invent some kind of stretch machine, so we can stretch their tiny legs a few inches
grin.gif