BSJA points

willowbank3

New User
Visit site
Hi all, I'm looking at a new horse and was wondering if it has points to its name would I still be able to compete it at unaffiliated shows. Also do I have to re-register it for myself to compete it at BS - this is all new to me - so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

blood_magik

Visit site
you can jump UA as long as the prize money or prize equivalent is no more than £10. it's worth checking the exact wording though.

for BS, if the horse has points on its record there is usually an option to transfer ownership to you once you've registered yourself. then you renew as normal once the horse's membership has expired.

hope that helps.

willowbank3

New User
Visit site
thank you, if it is jumping at newcomers and I am only on 90 (british novice equivalent) - can I still ride it in the 90 class - I guess I need to know if its based on his ability or mine - I'm hoping to go up to discovery with the new one (which is the point of me buying something that is capable). Ive never be BS or BSJA before and its all a bit daunting!! thanks

blood_magik

Visit site
If your horse is in Newcomers, then you'll have to compete in the open section (or go HC and forfeit any prize money) if you want to jump a smaller class, i.e.: 90 Open, 1m Open etc...

You can also jump the National Amateur classes (85cm, 95cm, 1.05m, 1.10m), which are based on your results as a horse-rider combo. If you're a new combo you should be part of the Bronze League so you should be able to start at 85 and work your way up.

claire_p2001

asdexploitvangroenhove.weebly.com
You need to find out exactly how many points the horse has then we can tell you what classes you are eligible for. Just because the horse is jumping newcomers doesn't mean it can't jump british novice, it depends on points. You will be able to jump any height unaffiliated as rules are horse and rider combination. If your horse does have too many point for BN and disco you can jump the open section. Like others have said there are also amateur classes these are usually very competitive but you just need four double clears at each height to qualify for second rounds. If your horse is currently registered BS then register yourself and you can go out and jump straight away. Good luck