BSJA, ponies, and seniors....

CrazyMare

Visit site
Now, as far as I am aware, at 19 I am waaaaaaaaaay out of class for jumping my 13.1 mare, but it was suggested to me she could jump a few senior BN/is it Discovery the next step? classes.

She is graded with the Sports Pony Studbook Society, as a Sports Pony mare, acheiving 80% making her eligble for the head stud book, unfortunatly her breeding is unknown so she is in the prelim section. What we would love is for her to have a record, she jumps 3ft3 with ease and out hunting today we were popping 3ft6 ish.

Is this possible or am I completely utterly confused.

She wouldnt have a problem with striding as shes always been in clinics etc with 16handers plus as she just out jumps the ponies at the RC's around here.

Any help guys? And a younger jockey wouldnt help much as shes so nervous of new people, its taken me 5 years to get her confident and now I've had her 6 1/2years shes come into her best.

SpruceRI

Visit site
Sorry no idea on the BSJA question, but how can a pony be graded in a Studbook if their breeding is unknown?

What is the point of the gradings or in fact the Stud book?

This isn't meant to be rude, your mare sounds lovely.

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
If a horse or pony meets a certain (high) standard of conformation and movement then they are graded, my mare also got 8.5 but although I know her breeding I have no papers so she is a foundation mare. There are 3 books Foundation,Main and Head.
As to the question of jumping her at affiliated shows I am fairly sure you can only do this on 14.2s after registering them as a horse?!

CrazyMare

Visit site
Yes she is graded as a type rather than a breed, therefore breeding does not nessacarily need to be known. The aim of the SPSS is to increase the numbers of British bred Sport ponies, who do not need to be pure bred of any particular breed, just to conform to a type.

http://www.sportpony.org.uk/ This site is incredable mine of information MadHossy, and my girl is Paler Shade of Grey on the mares page if you are interested
wink.gif

Thank you fatarse (That feels almost wrong to say...) seems that we may not be able to get her a record, seems such a shame as shes so talented.

Really want to post some photos but every time I try it just puts up a non clickable link, any ideas?

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
I had a similar pony last year, I evented her to PN but then sold her to some fab people who hunt and event and now she is ridden by a 12 year old girl, and they are going to breed from her eventually, I should of got her graded, now you got me on that train of thought!

CrazyMare

Visit site
It was a brilliant experiance, I had never done it before, and to be honest, never thought of it!!

I got her from a dealer, and was told she'd kill me or teach me to ride!!!

I do believe she is my one of a lifetime, although she may be small, shes brilliant!! Just wish she was a little more chilled so could really show off her paces and lateral ability!!

Any ideas on the photos?

Shes on this page, not the mares page, my mistake...

http://www.sportpony.org.uk/grading-results_2006.shtml

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
she is a bit like all of my beautiful pony mares rolled into one:- 1. Silver mad old JA pony, 2. Carrie fabulous still competing top class 13hhWHP, 3.Desi the one I sold last year. When I can I will post some piccies. Your little lady looks like conn/tb cross or maybe conn/sec b? Beautiful head and well done on what you have done with her. xx
PS they were all grey too
grin.gif

Emily99

Visit site
pretty sure you can.. its not done alot as many 13.2s can't make the striding, but as long as you reg her as a grade c i think you'll be fine.

give the bsja a ring.. there always helpful!

CrazyMare

Visit site
Its the best colour to be!! Least practical though!

Shes got tommorrow off, out in the field, then a busy week ahead of her with unaff SJ on Friday night, a dressage lesson on Saturday and hunting on New Years day!! Bless her, I'm sure shes fast asleep now with no idea of whats to come!!

Must post photos of her in all her guises, including dressed up as a reindeer for the traditional Christmas hack!!

helenandshadow

Visit site
Yes you can, you will have to register her as a horse (Grade C). As far as i'm aware here are no height restrictions to what can be registered as a horse.
If she is currently registered with the BSJA as a pony you have to wait until her years registration runs out before you can re-register her as a horse.
And yes Discovery is the next class up from British Novice. BN is 90cm (2'11'') and Disco is 1m (3'3'').