BSJA question

KarenX

Visit site
Are coursebuilders permitted NOT to put the fences up for the jump-off?! This happened to us recently at a show in the 1.30m class.. the fences never got any bigger in the jump off!!
mad.gif
confused.gif

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm...i've jumped BSJA for 25 years so i'm no 'startled rabbit', and also compete in the South East. I have definitely seen Disco JO's at 1.15m, and Newcomers/1.10m Open JO's at 1.25m+

[/ QUOTE ]

BB's Faints!

Methinks sunday isnt a good idea
crazy.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm...i've jumped BSJA for 25 years so i'm no 'startled rabbit', and also compete in the South East. I have definitely seen Disco JO's at 1.15m, and Newcomers/1.10m Open JO's at 1.25m+

[/ QUOTE ]

BB's Faints!

Methinks sunday isnt a good idea

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't happen often...you'll be fine
wink.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
There isn't a rule about max height in the jump off, a lot of the time here the jumps go down from the jump off for the next class which is usually 10cms bigger.

I did a 1.05 amateur class last year and the jump of was 1.25. One of our show centres used to quite often have its Newcomer JO at 1.35!

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
There isn't a rule about max height in the jump off, a lot of the time here the jumps go down from the jump off for the next class which is usually 10cms bigger.

I did a 1.05 amateur class last year and the jump of was 1.25. One of our show centres used to quite often have its Newcomer JO at 1.35!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, there IS a rule....I found it when I stunbled across my rule book at the weekend. Can't remember the exact rule number, but it definitely says the biggest fence in the JO can be no more than 10cm higher than the max height of the first round. It also says if no horses go clear in the first round, then the fences can't go up at all for the JO, and something else about no single fence going up more than 10cm unless it is the first fence and due to be jumped out of sequence in the JO.

I was surprised, as I thought there was no limit too
shocked.gif