BSJA Records - Help

Helen010382

community.webshots.com
Can some kind person please explain to me BSJA records....

Looking at the total winnings it lists the following,
Home (Actual)
Home (Notional)
Abroad (Actual)
Abroad (Notional)

What does this mean?

Are the numbers points or pounds?

Also how are all the grades worked out? The horse in question is a Grade B - what exactly does that mean?

Thanks
x

Jade2007

Visit site
Home means what the horse has won in Britain.

Acutal is what goes into the riders pocket.

Notional is how much money is graded, you get less for smaller classes so you don't have to move up classes as quickly. You use this to work out what classes you can enter if tehre are restrictions, and your horse is graded by this.

Abroad is what your horse has won abroad.

The numbers are pounds.

When your horse first joins, it starts as Grade C. It will go up a grade (to Grade B) once it has won enough money to.

Grade C is Nil to £999
Grade B is £1,000 to £1,999
Grade A is £2,000 and over.

Hope I helped
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thats great - THANKS!

Makes a bit more sense now!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bear in mind too that what a horse is graded with as Overseas is often the result of it being registered with the BSJA at a later stage in its life...it doesn't necessarily mean the horse has done anything abroad at all. It is quite possible for a horse to be graded as a Grade B or even a Grade A simply because it was imported to the UK as an 8yo or older...

lochpearl

Visit site
Sorry to hijack (sp) this post but on the subject of BSJA, I purchased a horse from a dealer, they told me the horse had peaked at 1.20 and they gave me a print out of his winnings. I didn't want a jumper as have lost my bottle so wanted to re-school for dressage as he has nice paces, anyway went back on the website to check under his name and nothing comes up. Does the BSJA only have the horses on there for a short period or do they have to be registered?? I just wanted to find out some history on him and so far have no way of finding anything out as previous owners have blanked my letters - help please!!

Kal

Visit site
The horse's name should always be on there. It will tell you whether it has won anything, still regestered or still alive for free.

Did you spell the name correctly, or try it's reg number.

Be aware to see what it has won and where, they charge you around £10.

If you are still having problems, let me know and i'll take a look for you.

flower

Visit site
Should always be on there. If you have the print out the name and winnings etc should be on there anyway so don't you have all you need?

lochpearl

Visit site
oh right, tbh i know nothing about the BSJA but when I put his name in it just came up with nothing, so do you think I need to contact them and pay something? His name is ITS LOTTO I haven't got his number here but can get it tomorrow. I just wanted to see if they were being truthful of if they had made up the paper!!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
lochpearl : Your horse is on the BSJA website:

IT'S LOTTO 345659 C BAY 12 (est.) 167.6 G

If you want printout of his winnings etc you will need to contact BSJA, I think it will cost you £10 & quote his old registration number (345659) & they will send it to you.
smile.gif

lochpearl

Visit site
thanks to you and Kal, I must have been doing something wrong!!
tongue.gif
do you know if you can get hold of previous riders as I know he was competed in 2005 and 2006 with 2 riders?

thanks again - i love this forum!