BSJA vs Eventing

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I want to do a 1.05 open now what is this going to look like compared to a PN? Will it scare the pants off me as my horse is easily coping with PN when he is not being careless. So my options are for Sunday - Novice and disco or disco & 1.05 open. I felt Novice was small and disco fine when I did my first BSJA 2 weeks ago but want to move up without being stupid.

vic07

Visit site
discovery and 1.05. the biggest fences at pn are 1.05, if you coped easily with jump-off at disc, you'll willl manage a 1.05 fine! good luck!

Emma123

Visit site
Havn't done eventing but u'll be fine!! do the disco and 1.05 open
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
Disco to 1.05m Open is a small increase only. If you're jumping Disco JO's, they're upto 1.10m, so don't worry about it
wink.gif

BBs

Visit site
Should be fine hun! although when I entered the 1.05m at Addington on Bally I had the shock of my life! they were upto height from the first fences onwards
shocked.gif

LEC

www.youtube.com
* sighs* if only I could get to a jump off! My horse does not do clear rounds but it is usually down to his crap rider who cocks up at least once and usually at the first fence! My horse has to be put perfect at a fence and prefers to be a little further out. If in deep he is gangly and just does not snap his legs up. Bounces are helping a lot on this so think he will get there.

Here is an example -
http://www.everybodysmile.biz/cgi-bin/pu....jpg&ss=988

Rambo

Visit site
Well, from that photo, your horse looks like an eventer
tongue.gif
However, height wise, I would say the oxer in the photo wouldn't look far off 1.05m, so no worries for you there
wink.gif
Go for it
smile.gif

LEC

www.youtube.com
Well with all this encouragement I will do the 1.05 - will it be the same technicality as a disco? Are they usually pretty similar?

Rambo

Visit site
Pretty much the same tbh. No water tray (well usually anyway). Possibly a combination, but usually not. Fiercely fought though as everyone who goes out of Disco, but won't jump a Newcomers/1.10m ends up there
tongue.gif

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Disc and 1.05. If the BN is starting to feel small don't bother it is time to move on. You will hardly notice the difference 5cm paricularly if 1st vroung disc and PN SJ is ok.

LEC

www.youtube.com
Was going to be at Hand but had a lesson yesterday and he seemed sore in his foot probably where he pulled it off at Mount Ballan and then had it put back on so not going to risk it as eventing on Saturday week and will get farrier out.

nelgonde

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Was going to be at Hand but had a lesson yesterday and he seemed sore in his foot probably where he pulled it off at Mount Ballan and then had it put back on so not going to risk it as eventing on Saturday week and will get farrier out.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been to Hand doing a 1m05 open. I thought it was really good fun actually. Less space than BE but then you expect that.

The other difference was that it was one of those 1 round things where you jump the first, say, 8 jumps and if clear the next 5 are against the clock and bigger. I really enjoyed that but my horse's canter started to go towards the end. Not used to that much balance for that long
shocked.gif