BSJA - what do you think?

show_jumper

Visit site
hi there. i was wondering if i could get your views on something.
i am a senior member of the BSJA, and have started producing some show jumping ponies, which are going to go a long way in juniors.
dont you think the BSJA should do some sort of unretricted open classes, (starting small) for seniors to be able to jump ponies in order to get them started BSJA are ready for the younger riders. its all very well taking them unaffiliated, but the courses just are the same, as im hoping you'll agree??
any, i just wanted to see if anyone else had thought of anything like this, or had any input on the idea??
thanks for reading!

dieseldog

Visit site
Why can't you just register them Senior BSJA and jump them in BN? Or go to show centres that also run BSJA as their unaff courses tend to be better built?

lizzie_liz

Visit site
Agree there with dieseldog, if there are places near you that run BSJA then there should be unaffliated competitions with good quality courses.
Whereabouts are you based?
I think it would prove all too difficult for the BSJA and just wouldn't work.

Frazer

Visit site
BSJA are starting smaller open classes, near me there are classes starting at 70-75cm! Although have to be juniors. I also think it would be too much for the BSJA, but there is no harm in trying. I am only an older member of the Junior but I ride horses. I sometimes ride smaller ponies for people in the senior classes. And there are also places near me, that leave their BSJA courses up all week, and then change them weekly still doing there clear rounds and unaff over them courses too. If not try going to some junior BSJA at your local centres and try speaking to some see if they would ride for you!!

Kelly1982

Visit site
I agree cant you jump them round the BN & Disc, there is only 5cm in it???

Also a lot of BSJA centres do trailblazers, couldn't you do some of those??

Hattikins

Visit site
are u saying that u dont want to jump in senior classes as the ponies will go to juniors and then not be able to do junior classes until next season because of the exemption?????

Emily99

Visit site
You can reg the pony as a horse and jump it yourself, then once the reg runs out you can get them reg as a pony when they're sold on. You're allowed to swop them over, although money they win in juniors applies to when they're swopped to seniors and vica versa.

It CAN be done.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I think thats a good idea. I also bring on young ponies for kids occassionally and being able to do the odd BSJA class would be useful. I know I could enter them in a senior BN class, but then juniors have smaller classes so maybe smaller classes would be better!

FRESHMAN

www.northcotestud.com
No I dont think it would work. If the BSJA did open up pony classes for adults you would finish up with 6 foot & 14 stoners on ponies. Then there would be an outcry. & quite rightly so. Loads of kids are more than capable of producing ponies. If it is done by children, for children that is the best way for me. Personally dont think the BSJA would consider it. Next it will be adults riding lead rein ponies!