BSJA, what do you think?

Frazer

Visit site
Yesterday I was having some random thoughts about BSJA, and my ponies! And have come to the conclusion, you can't do very well in affilated juniors unless you have a 11-14h speed pony! When I was jumping ponies affilated I was doing very well and getting double clears etc... However I soon outgrew them and was given a 15.2hh tb to try it on, this was just like a big pony! Then I brought a 16.2hh warmblood, and found it very hard to get anywhere in the junior classes. Because the little ponies, can turn on a sixpence, fast, choppy legs, add sudden strides etc.. Whereas with a horse you have to be more careful (If you get my thought) and after only about 5 months competing with him, I had to stop as I was getting nowhere! He is now looking for a home, which I am making sure is a senior competor so he can get the points he deserves. Anyone else ever think like this sometimes.

Frazer

Visit site
16.1hh to be percise on the registration etc...!
*gasps* hope so otherwise people must think hes been a very large pony!! Well yes, ive competed horses and seen horses in juniors before! *Thinking* I only competed at cobham bsja with him, and no offence, but they don't seem to know an amazing amount!! No, ive competed againest other horses!! *more gasps*! Your've got me thinking now emma!

Emma123

Visit site
Hehe if you have a horse over 14,2 you must compete as a senior (think you have to be 14 to ride a horse as a senior also)!

Wooops! BSJA is complicated mind you I'm sure many people make loads of mistakes reguarding their rules

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well yes, ive competed horses and seen horses in juniors before!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at a BSJA comp you won't have
blush.gif

Frazer

Visit site
blush.gif
blush.gif
Oh really!! So this is againest the bsja rule? I've only been jumping really BN and a bit of disc! A junior associate member i am!
ooo.gif
so shocked! Ive seen other horses competing againest these ponies!! Well look on the bright side, no wonder i haven't been doing very well! Wrong classes! Might need to get onto cobham! Or the bsja! *Shreks and gasps*

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
blush.gif
blush.gif
Oh really!! So this is againest the bsja rule? I've only been jumping really BN and a bit of disc! A junior associate member i am!
ooo.gif
so shocked! Ive seen other horses competing againest these ponies!! Well look on the bright side, no wonder i haven't been doing very well! Wrong classes! Might need to get onto cobham! Or the bsja! *Shreks and gasps*

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you're a Junior Associate Member, that implies you are jumping horses in senior classes between the age of 14 and 16.

Are you sure you haven't seen the ponies competing in Senior classes !?

Emma123

Visit site
Lol! Well it isn't right that you should be competing in junior classes so i wouldn't continue to do so even if you see others doing it.

I was a junior associate and didn't jump in seniors-the BSJA automatically makes you that when your 14 so you can jump seniors if you wish
smile.gif

Frazer

Visit site
Can ponies compete in senior classes? Oh im so confused, let me check the days ive competed againest the diary of cobham! It was so much bl***y easier with just ponies! It seems such a long time ago, but I thought ive only ever jumped in junior classes. If it is senior classes, then its bad, means my horse is just rubbish :O bless him!! Thinking about it, it could be, because thurs at cobham are bsja senior, and in the half terms it was always thurs! *shock* am i really this blond not to of realised!
blush.gif

Emma123

Visit site
Yep ponies can compete in horse classes-most are around the 14.2 mark so they can cope with the longer striding but you might have the odd exception of a smaller one

Frazer

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Lol! Well it isn't right that you should be competing in junior classes so i wouldn't continue to do so even if you see others doing it.

I was a junior associate and didn't jump in seniors-the BSJA automatically makes you that when your 14 so you can jump seniors if you wish
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks emma, I think I understand this now, im just 15! So by the looks of it, I was 12/13 with the ponies, and then when I was 14 had the tb! So maybe my thought was more of a hope, and an excuss that he isn't as bad as he is!!!

susan_w

Visit site
Fraser, it doesn't matter if you think that "Cobham" don't seem to know much (although this is not true, so I'd retract it if I were you), but they have to have BSJA judges to judge the bsja competitions, and trust me, they know what they are doing!

lizzie_liz

Visit site
BSJA senior classes for riders over the age of 14
BSJA Junior classes for riders under the age of 16 on ponies under the height of 14.2hh

therefore you should NOT have been competing at Junior shows on your horses. The BSJA judges should have noticed this and mentioned this to you.

dieseldog

Visit site
Frazer I thought you were getting rid of all your ponies, in your other post you have 4 to rehome but on this one it sounds like you only have one horse?? I'm really confused

MagicMelon

Visit site
Yeah, you certainly cannot compete a 16.2hh in juniors!! Im sure someone would have said something as surely some of the members there must know the basic rules.....

If you are competing a 16.2hh in juniors then Id say your crazy! Obviously the striding will all be geared for ponies, so your ned must have a very short stride?!

SpruceRI

Visit site
Am I correct in saying that Juniors don't run a Discovery class? They run British Novice to Newcomers?

There's no way Cobham would let you jump a 16.2hh in a Junior BSJA class unless you were jumping HC and they were just being kind

Who's clueless?....

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Am I correct in saying that Juniors don't run a Discovery class? They run British Novice to Newcomers?

There's no way Cobham would let you jump a 16.2hh in a Junior BSJA class unless you were jumping HC and they were just being kind

Who's clueless?....

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe there is a Junior Discovery, but they go up to Junior Foxhunter and beyond
smile.gif

Emma123

Visit site
Nope no junior discovery but the heights are the same as seniors but without the senior fox if that makes sense...

So Junior BN 85cm Senior 90cm
New: 1m disc 1m
Fox 1.20m New 1.10
Then theres the senior fox where juniors just have 1.20 opens
smile.gif