BSPS Heritage WH fences

Chippers1

Visit site
I'm entering a BSPS Heritage WH show on Sunday but I can't find what the fences heights will be (it's important when you are a wuss!) I'll be doing the unaffiliated 65 to 70cm class anyway but thinking of entering the Heritage M&M novice WHP, he's over 143cm so I'm worried I'll be doing a 90 class as I know when they say novice they don't really mean novice! Google has just confused me...
Also do they tend to do lots of the fences at maximum height?

Thanks in advance!

Chippers1

Visit site
Yes I came back to say I've just found it 🤦🏼‍♀️ my googling skills aren't great 😅 do you know on average how many jumps are at max height?

conniegirl

Visit site
Yes I came back to say I've just found it 🤦🏼‍♀️ my googling skills aren't great 😅 do you know on average how many jumps are at max height?
It completely depends on the course builder! Ive seen courses where non have been max height and some where you would have been hard pushed to find anything not up to height

Chippers1

Visit site
It completely depends on the course builder! Ive seen courses where non have been max height and some where you would have been hard pushed to find anything not up to height
I thought that would probably be the case! I'm torn between just doing it as I know he's perfectly capable or wondering whether my brave pants will stretch that far...

mcnaughty

Visit site
75-85cm max - are there any training stakes classes beforehand? They are very useful as a clear round warm up and you can enter as many times as you like. ;-)

Also, how far over 143 is your pony? You might be able to skim into the lower class .

Chippers1

Visit site
I did do the training stakes and then the 75-85, unfortunately they were all up to height and my horse wasn't feeling his normal sprightly self so we were eliminated at the second fence!
I actually got round to measuring him properly too and turns out he's 144cm with shoes so I could've gone in the smaller class anyway 🤦🏼‍♀️

HappyHorses:)

Visit site
Does anyone have any pictures of these courses?

Thinking about having a go M&M next year. Pony measures 14:2 with shoes on so wonder what height class this puts us in? Got a heck of a pop on him but would be new to the worker fences.

Chippers1

Visit site
http://emmpix.co.uk/2018 EVENTS/W737 -NCPA LEICESTER & RUTLAND WH SHOW/JA737 -NCPA LEICESTER & RUTLAND WH SHOW/index.html these are the professional photos from the show I did, it'll give you a bit of an idea. If he's 14.2 with shoes he'll be in the exceeding 143cm class :)